Internal Sales Representative - Contractors
Last Day to Apply: November 10, 2017
Franklin Empire Inc. is a family owned distributor providing electrical supplies for new construction, renovation and the maintenance of industrial plants, residential and commercial buildings. Beyond products, we specialize in Automation and Control Systems, Process Instrumentation and Lightning solutions. With our Electro-Mecanik Playford and DS Tech shops our product/service offering is unique among Canadian Electrical Distributors.
The company is looking for an Inside Sales Representative for its Ottawa-based Branch.
This person will respond to the manager of the corresponding division.
- Be attentive to customer requests at all times, keeping a polite and professional attitude;
- Opens customer accounts by obtaining customer agreement, collecting customer information and extending credit;
- Investigates deductions made by customer when paying certain invoices, obtaining necessary information for management to make a determination of whether credit is to be issued or letter to be written. Prepares replies, credit forms (such as RMA, price adjustment) and/or entering the credit transaction into Distribution System;
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items; specifically, those items that may be at risk in meeting the customer’s promised delivery date; Maintains Distribution System backorder report, associated customer expediting report/notices, and customer notification, as required;
- Solving customer issues promptly.
- Get involved in sales, answering calls promptly;
- Take orders while trying to increase sales and profits;
- Respond to requests for price and provide technical information;
- Check and inform customers of back-orders (B.O.);
- Bid new applications and make follow-ups;
- Take the initiative to suggest alternatives or related products as required.
- Be sure to update his/her technical knowledge regarding the different product lines;
- Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales, national accounts;
- Identifies ways for continuous improvement of processes;
- Prepares, generates and follow up on verbal or written quotations to secure orders or determine reason for loss of order;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Studies in the field;
- 2 – 4 years inside sales in electrical industrial and construction equipment as it relate to Distribution, Automation and control (Knowing Siemens product would also be a definite asset);
- Experience in telephone sales or business development with proven track record of achieving revenue goals;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, and ability to perform basic computer skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written form in both English and French language, would be a definite asset;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy; stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations, maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement;
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
Come join a strong, value-added company, established for over 75 years. Be an important part of the family of Franklin Empire and share our success!
An attractive base salary plus commissions, complete insurance program, ongoing training, as well as a pension plan will be offered.
The stability of our employees is proof of the company’s values. Exciting challenges are waiting for you!
Come brighten your career!