Last Day to Apply: October 29, 2017
Franklin Empire Inc. is a family-owned company specializing in the distribution of electrical, automation and lighting products and systems for new constructions, renovations and maintenance of industrial, commercial and residential buildings. We are currently looking for a Mechanical Assembler to join our team at our Boucherville branch.
This branch specializes in the distribution, design and manufacturing of industrial electromechanical products. The position to be filled is specifically for the power transmission products division.
This person will report to the Supervisor of the Mechanical Assembly Department.
- Execute complex and varied mechanical assemblies and subassemblies
- Take note of the assembly steps to be carried out by studying production documents, assembly plans and details
- Prepare parts for assembly (cleaning, polishing, dimensional inspection, etc.)
- Use equipment properly and safely at each step in the production process
- Dismantle used mechanical assemblies
- Perform visual and dimensional parts inspection
- Analyze the causes of malfunctions
- Clean and refurbish components
- Assemble mechanical components according to established protocol
- Carry out quality control tests
- Provide customers with malfunction analysis reports
- Complete production paperwork (inspection reports, production documents, etc.)
- Perform other related tasks (packaging, painting, receiving/shipping, etc.) to assist in production
- Keep production areas clean.
- DEP in Industrial Mechanics or DEC in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years experience in assembling mechanical products and/or products related to power transmission
- Functional knowledge of Office Suite software
- Proven ability to communicate in writing
- Bilingualism (French and English) desired
- Good manual dexterity
- Strong skills in reading production plans and drawings
- Attention to detail, methodical and orderly.
Franklin Empire Inc. offers group insurance and a pension plan. Come join a strong company, established for over 75 years.
Low turnover among our employees is proof of our company’s values.
Come light up your career!