Business Development Specialist - Manitoba
CANDIDATES APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION MUST RESIDE IN MANITOBA, PREFERABLY IN WINNIPEG.
The Business Development Specialist for C&I (Commercial & Industrial) and EMC&A (Energy Management Controls & Automation) products, will be responsible for achieving maximum product acceptance at end user, specifier, and contractor levels. S/He will report to the Regional Sales Director and work in close collaboration with the Territory Managers.
- Develop and maintain contact with all senior persons who specify Leviton products, including but not limited to architects, consulting engineers, electrical engineers, industrial specifiers and major electrical contractors. S/he will provide them with all services they require (such as sample, literature, specifier’s catalogue and copies of product specifications) and conduct informative meetings, as required;
- Ensure that there is proper follow-up on specifications and ascertain that, where Leviton products were specified, the company obtained the order and the product was utilized. When opportunity arises, put forth necessary efforts to secure orders. S/he will also report the needs of the specifier to Leviton management by suggesting new products, promotional literature, policy changes, etc.;
- Be responsible for product training on end user or specifier sites and, when required, at the distributor Level. Upon her/his superior’s request, s/he will co-ordinate training efforts with the local Territory Manager;
- Actively participate, upon her/his superior’s request, in the marketing support programs (trade shows, dinner meetings, joint calls) that are planned in her/his area by the Territory Manager.
- A minimum of five (5) years of work-related experience;
- Excellent sales abilities and presentation skills;
- Team player, self-motivated, eager to learn and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of the electrical industry at the distributor and end-user levels;
- Available to travel within the territory and/or province under her/his responsibility.