Electrical Quotations Specialist
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd. has been in business since 1944 and is proud to be an industry leading distributor in plumbing, heating and electrical supplies across Western Canada and the Northwest Territories. We are committed to providing excellent service to our valued customers and an exciting and positive workplace to our team members.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an eager and talented individual to join our team in our Electrical Department as an Electrical Quotations Specialist. The ideal candidate will essentially be responsible for the management of Electrical project quotations and building exceptional customer service.
Your main job duties will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Proactively identify opportunities to quote electrical equipment in Residential, Commercial & Small Industrial Projects
- Respond to customer queries related to Electrical project quotes
- Communicate project details, obtain and review quotes from suppliers.
- Primarily for distribution & control products, lighting & lighting control, wire & cable and rough-in products.
- Prepare and provide quotes for new and existing customers and contractors
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications
- Liaise between suppliers’ reps and customers for all inquiries, lead and delivery times, to meet tender deadlines
- Provide clarification on engineering specifications sheets, plans, contractor takeoffs and addendums
- Coordinate with other departments, particularly plumbing and heating, for business opportunities
- Maintain project documents both physical and electronic versions
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns
- Review the quotes for errors or missed items
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
- Stay current with up-to-date product knowledge of all electrical equipment primarily lighting and distribution
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Create PDF files of specification sheets, that are job specific for project submittals and Owner operation manuals
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Efficient time management skills including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet goal and deadlines
- Self-motivated; able to function effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills; ability to make quick decisions
- Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Talent to communicate professionally in a clear and direct manner
- Attention to detail; ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Proficient in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software
- Work effectively with other members of the distribution team.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of or previous experience in the Electrical industry an asset
- Previous sales or customer service experience
- Experience within a Microsoft environment, including proficiencies in Excel, Microsoft Word and additional Microsoft programs.
- Appropriate training will be provided with regards to additional programs that may be required for the position.
If you want to join a company with a great culture that truly values and rewards you for a job well done, then we encourage you to submit your resume to email@example.com. Our compensation and benefits, including profit sharing and career growth potential are competitive and will be based on experience and abilities.
*No phone calls or drop ins. Apply by application submission only, stating Electrical or Quotations experience and salary expectations. All submissions are kept in the highest level of confidentiality. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Bartle & Gibson, however, only those who possess the desired qualifications, experience and local to the Lower Mainland will be contacted for further review.
Final candidates will be required to undergo an assessment and security screening, including a criminal record check. Employment is subject to screening completion that is satisfactory to Bartle & Gibson.