Purchasing Agent - Columbia MBF
Columbia-MBF,a division of Atkore International is an industry leader in the manufacturing of electrical conduit systems. Columbia-MBF provide industry leading brands of Conduit, Support and Framing, Cable Management, Custom wire and cable armouring and firestop systems. Columbia-MBF products service a wide range of electrical, construction, mechanical, fire,security and automotive industries.
Columbia-MBF is currently searching for a Purchasing Agent for its Mississauga office located five minutes north of Toronto Pearson Airport. ( Airport Rd / Derry Rd)
The Purchasing Agent must be able to work in a team based enviroment and will be responsible for handling all aspects of the Purchasing Agent function. This position will report to the Operations Manager.
- Review commodity purchase requirements, place purchase orders
- Trade Compliance - Review & Approval of Customs documentation
- Preparation of NAFTA certificates, commercial invoices and Certificate of Origin
- Customer Service support
- Tracking of Shipments
- Place PO's, consignment orders for stock items, office /warehouse supplies
- Coordinate price increases
- Conduit Labels - coordinate purchase of labels from printers
- Monthly cost analysis
- Review and build containers from China on a quarterly basis
- Interact with internal departments and outside processors as neeeded
- High School , some post secondary preferred
- Minimum two years purchasing experience in a fast paced enviroment
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a team envirorment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience with AS400, SAP and JD Edwards strongly preferred
- Inventory management
Columbia-MBF offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including a RRSP with company match.
Columbia MBF/Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in the future. Diversity and inclusion are key to growing our business and providing a work enviroment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Columbia-MBF / Atkore International is an equeal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age,color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.