Location Sales Manager
Quebec City, Quebec
Position: Location Sales Manager
Location: Quebec City, QC
Segment: Electrical & Electronic Solutions
Availability : Immediately
Anixter is a leading global distributor of Electrical & Electronic Solutions, Network & Security Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
At Anixter, we believe everyone has the opportunity and the responsibility to be a leader. We have learned leading companies are made, not born. We don’t hire people – we ask them to join our company to help make it better.
Anixter Canada is committed to the training and development of its employees. We offer a competitive compensation, benefit and retirement package, along with a great working environment that is both highly professional, yet informal and promote a relaxed, open-door atmosphere.
As a result of our continued growth, we currently have a position for a dynamic, highly motivated team player who will lead Anixter’s efforts in developing accounts and opportunities where Anixter can position its products and capabilities in order to assist the customer with solutions that best suit their needs.
In the role of Location Manager you will be responsible for driving sales opportunities within the Quebec City market, supporting the sales process and go to market model by having direct visibility within multiple levels of Anixter’s customer base. You will drive market based initiatives and strategies such as Grow Your Core, One Anixter and Margins Optimization with our key vendors, our sales team and internal resources ensuring the financial success of the location through careful oversight of the P&L.
Critical to your success in the role will be your ability to manage a sales model that continually prospects for new business and to develop, maintain and manage strong and lasting relationships with customers and your team.
- Prepare budgets for territory, set up special pricing on bids and authorize expenditures on product samples and invoice adjustments
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base
- Manage and be actively involved with the coaching, mentoring, career development, training, and performance management of the Sales team
- Frequent travel within the Eastern Quebec region and occasional North American travel will be required
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Coordinate and organize regular sales meetings
Reporting directly to the Area Vice President of Sales, the successful candidate will possess:
- 5 years’ experience in managing and building successful sales teams
- Proven sales experience with electrical, Electronic and/or Telecommunication products (asset)
- Diploma or degree in Business Administration is considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
- Ability to foster and maintain individual accountability of direct reports
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written (French & English)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Self-motivated, driven
- Exhibit a structured, collaborative and proactive strategic sales approach, along with a solid track record in relationship building
We are grateful for your interest in Anixter, however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply please send your resume to email@example.com
Anixter Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Anixter Inc. is also proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview. We invite you to visit the following links.