Branch Manager - Electrical Distribution, Hamilton ON
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Make the move… Join the team at Graybar Canada!
Graybar Canada, an employee-owned company, is a wholesale distributor for thousands of items from leading manufacturers of electrical and communications & data products. Graybar Canada operates over 30 locations across the country.
Graybar Canada currently has an exciting career opportunity available at our Hamilton, ON location for a: Branch Manager - Electrical Distribution
- Responsible for achieving sales growth and profitability of the Branch;
- Develop new and maintain existing customer relationships;
- Develop and maintain relationships with manufacturer partners to ensure we are positioned as a strong channel in the Region;
- Ensure that all reasonable client requests are met diligently;
- Prepare appropriate annual, monthly and weekly plans. Set reasonable goals with deadlines for completion and monitor results;
- Responsibility for all financial aspects within the branch (costs/expenditures, accounts receivable, credit risks, etc);
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manage and train Branch employees to the Graybar Canada standards;
- Determine merchandise and services;
- Implement price policies;
- Manage inventory control;
- Set an example by following all company procedures and policies;
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years relevant sales experience. Candidates with an undergraduate degree in business administration or equivalent may be given preference.
- Ability to prioritize work and ability to be flexible.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of S.X. Enterprise and proven proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Possess the ability to read, understand and prepare a budget. Ability to read and understand basic financial statements and reports.
- The ability to delegate, set expectations and monitor progress of all direct reports.
- Motivate, inspire, provide and accept feedback to and from employees.
- The prioritization skills necessary to use time effectively and set action plans to achieve business targets.
- The individual takes responsibility for subordinates' activities, makes self available to staff, provides regular performance feedback, develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth
- Possess strong relationship building skills to cultivate and develop customer loyalty
- Practice excellent spoken and written communication and interpersonal skill
Graybar Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Benefits
- Group RRSP Matching
- Corporate Fitness Membership Program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Computer Purchase plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Service Awards Program
- Scholarship Program for Employee’s Children
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or agencies, please.