Operations & Engineering Manager, Surrey, British Columbia
Proax Technologies Ltd
Title: Operations & Engineering Manager
Location: Surrey, BC
The Operations & Engineering Manager is accountable for the overall success of Valve Automation and will provide technical leadership and tactical planning for our “Value Added Service” division. This will include providing excellent customer service; manage day to day operation, employee management and development. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the operation and engineering for valve automation projects, and ensure that they are delivered within agreed service levels.
The Operations & Engineering Manager will manage the work activities of the Team. He or she will assist in coordination of key projects and ensure the efficient and effective day to day operation.
The Operations & Engineering Manager will also act as a Subject Matter Expert on projects and will work closely with the Director of Automation.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of all engineering with the goal of providing excellent customer service to customer.
- Provide leadership and direction and cultivate a culture of enthusiasm and accountability
- Develop and implement operational guidelines for client’s environments to be implemented by the Operation team.
- Also must be able to act in a consulting capacity on projects and new design.
- Work collaboratively with the team to design, develop hydraulic/electro-hydraulic systems, custom valve automation
- Develop “Best Practices” documents for use in operations to ensure consistency
- Establish work rules, policies, and processes and leverage technology to ensure maximum productivity and efficient delivery of services.
- Interview applicants and evaluate staff performance.
- Identify areas for potential savings or investments.
- Develop and manage annual budget
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in hydraulics/electro-hydraulics and controls with an excellent track record in all phases of Engineering Management including operations, design.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited institute, or a related field required.
- Fundamental skills in engineering systems; experience designing and evaluating hydraulic and electronic control systems is desirable.
- industrial and/or electro-hydraulic applications experience
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Strong judgment, problem-solving and crisis management skills.
- A strong leadership profile: articulate, diplomatic, excellent communications and interpersonal skills, commitment to interdisciplinary and collaborate teamwork.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple work streams and remain calm under pressure.
- A strong focus on client service and commitment to quality