Industrial Account Manager
Last Day to Apply: August 31, 2018
Gerrie Electric, one of Ontario’s largest independent electrical distributors has an opening for a motivated individual to join our growing team.
Industrial Account Manager – Burlington
This position is responsible for soliciting new customers and for managing an account base, providing ongoing prompt, courteous and efficient sales, quotations and technical support. Also responsible for maximizing account potential growth through facilitating the proper resources within Gerrie and their Partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned accounts, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and sales and product support for all products
- Identify and target sales opportunities within assigned geographical area. Work primarily with Partners, Manufacturers, Gerrie Product Managers, Gerrie Resource Managers and Automation Specialists
- Grow all aspects of Gerrie’s offering within customer base with emphasis on Primary and Secondary goals as given by Management
- Develop and execute an annual Sales/business plan for assigned accounts
- Provide detailed and accurate quotes and proposals to meet customers’ requirements
- Utilize CRM to maximize efficiency throughout our sales process
- Follow up on quotes/opportunities/proposals using Gerrie Sales process with customers to ensure maximum success ratio
- Establish pricing levels within accounts with the assistance of Resource Managers, Product Managers, Automation Specialists and Vendors
- Consult with customers to identify new opportunities and follow up on Sales leads
- Make joint calls with manufacturer’s representatives, as required
- Resolve any customer problems as they arise
- Participate in and attend meetings, including Sales meetings, annual planning meetings, etc.
- Post-secondary education from a technical program (i.e.) Electrical, Computer, Mechanical discipline
- 5+ years experience in Electrical Sales
- Must have a proven track record Must have a proven track record of Sales (Electrical Wholesale industry preferred)
- Strategically minded with strong presentation, communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong technical knowledge and solid understanding of the Industrial/OEM markets
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
At Gerrie Electric, we offer a culture of inspiration and challenge, a full benefits package, and continual training.
If you consider yourself to be a motivated team player and meet the requirements for this role, please visit us at www.gerrie.com to apply. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
Gerrie is proud to be a Best Managed Gold Standard Winner.