Last Day to Apply: October 26, 2018
Gerrie Electric, one of Ontario’s largest independent electrical distributors has an opening for a motivated individual to join our growing team.
Branch Manager – Concord
The Branch Manager will be responsible for leading the sales and operations team; ultimately responsible for the success of the Region ensuring profitability and smooth, efficient operations. This includes ensuring that all profitability targets and recommended margin levels as outlined by the Executive are realized; to understand, promote and believe in the Gerrie core purpose.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) forecast annual sales and profit margins objectives for the branches and implement strategies to achieve these targets.
- Responsible for ensuring customer success, building relationships with key customers in the regions.
- Responsible for Account assignment and account budgets within the branches with approval from the Regional Sales Director.
- Facilitate regular sales meetings with Account Managers reviewing target accounts, margin levels, joint marketing plans, success stories and sales forecasts. Follow up with Account Managers on Cold Calls made during the period.
- Identify any new business opportunities that are being considered and actions plans to ensure success.
- Conduct regular joint calls with the Account Managers to help mentor and develop the employee.
- Be a champion for promoting and executing the use of technology in helping grow the sales on the Web. This includes mobile apps and our website for customers and staff. Also provides feedback to the Web strategy team on ways to improve ease of use.
- Identify any Gerrie or Branch customer service issues and define action plans with team leads as required.
- Understand local market conditions and proactively develop strategies to mitigate risk, meet or exceed sales goals and grow market share.
- Responsible for a selected number of accounts including all sales and customer support activities.
- Responsible to ensure all activities related to the sales target process are completed and include the appropriate departments (Automation, Resources etc.)
- Responsible for the quarterly review process ensuring all information is up to date for targets, operational and financial objectives.
- Responsible to review the opportunity funnel with Account Managers and other staff as required.
- Responsible for leading and managing team leads.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships.
- Lead by example, following documented policies and procedures and ensure compliance of all branch employees. Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for employee learning and development. Oversee the annual performance evaluation process and identify training for internal employee progression.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings to ensure employees are kept abreast of all change.
In collaboration with Team Leads; determine training requirements and ensure employee success by providing the necessary job training, tools and knowledge to serve our customers, achieve goals and meet company objectives.
- In collaboration with Team Leads determine the major branch and/or regional events for the year, including counter days.
- Effectively mentor and coach employees, providing overall day to day leadership
- Create and maintain a team atmosphere and ensure resolution of employee concerns in a timely manner
- Ensure a safe and respectful work environment for all employees, taking all necessary precautions to maintain a hazard free environment. Ensure all employee receive and are up to date with required Health and Safety training.
- Participate in training and continuous learning opportunities to develop your leadership skills as it relates to your role
- Operational Leadership
- Approve expenses as required ensuring expense policy guidelines are followed.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of the facility.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the branches, ensuring an overall efficiency and effectiveness of all functions.
- Oversee the flow of operations in the branches to pinpoint any possible bottleneck areas and implement new strategies to promote better/faster response to customer needs.
- Develop a working understanding of the company’s customers and suppliers and maintain a professional image within all interactions.
- Oversee and ensure appropriate inventory levels are met to meet customer requirements yet meet turns targets.
- Work with Operations Lead to enforce company inventory control procedures and cycle counts
- Collaborates with Operations Team Lead and branch administration to ensure odd status report, open order reports etc. are completed as required.
- Oversee the resolution of vendor issues.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels, in collaboration with Human Resources, through recruitment, selection, training, motivation and rewarding of staff.
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending industry seminars and workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing networksQuality:
- Responsible for maintaining the role of Quality Representative for the branches
- Ensure the criteria in the “Branch Inspection Report” are adhered to and follow up when not in compliance
- Ensure employees understand and adhere to ISO policies and procedures EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education (degree, diploma/certificate), preferably in an Electrical related discipline or Business Administration
- Working toward completion of the Industrial Distribution Leadership Certificate Program (IDLCP)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 10+ years Senior Management experience within an Electrical related environment
- Must have organizational knowledge – industry, market, products, company, etc.
- Must possess a keen business acumen and act in line with the company’s vision
- Proven ability to develop and lead employees in a successful manner
- Experience motivating, mentoring and coaching employees
- Ability to think strategically and to make decisions
- Leadership skills required – team building, motivating, ability to effectively give feedback and listening to employees
- Exceptional communication skills, including both written and verbal
- Additional skills required: strategic planning, negotiation, time management and delegation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
At Gerrie Electric, we offer a culture of inspiration and challenge, a full benefits package, and continual training.
If you consider yourself to be a motivated team player with sales skills and meet the requirements for this role, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or by fax to (905) 681-1774. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.