Product Development Specialist - Electrical
Last Day to Apply: November 09, 2018
At SHAWCOR, we have built a true team environment where all employees are empowered to contribute to the success of the company. Through our values of collaboration, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, we have the highest regard for the safety and wellness of our people. The Connection Systems Group, a group of Shawcor, is a global organization that provides a Total Rewards package that includes a competitive salary, benefits, company pension plan and bonus, combined with an extensive training & development program. We are a world class manufacturer of Heat Shrink and Electrical Wire and Cable products, and are active in the Electrical Utility, Industrial, Automotive, and Communications markets.
We want you to join our team!
This position is responsible for development of new electrical products/ technologies (including wire and cable, cable accessories) from concept to commercial scale in conformance with our APQP development process. This requires an understanding of electric Wire & Cable systems for LV/MV applications and technologies, solid understanding of relevant specifications, ability to rationally design new and commercially viable products within constraints of production capabilities and data-driven decision making. Support provided to Sales and Manufacturing teams by leading all aspects of complex, major projects from order intake to final delivery stage including regular communication is customer and other stakeholders. It is expected that the position will establish expertise with internal and external customers and represent CSG as technical expert in the assigned market segment. Therefore, responsibilities will also include continuous improvement campaigns application development, technical support and participation in Standard Committees and customer visits as technical liaison.
- Lead, plan, co-ordinate, and execute product development projects from concept to completion in accordance with APQP development process and HSE targets
- Conduct technical feasibility studies to propose and design unique product technologies
- Liaise with global resources and support product development and product implementation in divisional regions
- Design, plan, conduct and supervise lab, plant and field trials related to development projects using statistical methods.
- Analyze test data and validate processes. Plan, conduct and Prepare Test Reports
- Develop and maintain factored product specifications and interact with suppliers
- Participate in cost reduction and continuous improvement projects as required
- Provide technical service support to requesting departments as required
- Maintain a current list of project backlog. Conduct regular day-to-day activities to manage project resources and report project status (internal/external).
Technical Sales Support:
- Prepare and present product information including presentation of test reports
- Interface with standards and approval technical staff (Engineers, etc.)
- Support Sales with Product Selection and technical proposals
- Provide engineering services for customer sponsored projects
- Meet with internal and external customers to review potential projects and generate engineering solutions.
- Report activities in a clear concise manner through written and oral communication and ensure that APQP documentation is up to date
- Liaise with the regulatory bodies and their personnel
- Keep up-to-date on material and product technologies
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required - focus on Electrotechnology and/or Power Systems is preferred
- 2+ years of wire & cable and/or accessories manufacturing required
- Experience in signal/communication cable preferred
- Experience in Product Development and Project Management is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of electrical codes and design standards
- Must have strong statistical analysis and problem solving capabilities
- Must be well organized, have superior time management and leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills