Lab Technician R&D / Product Development Engineering
JOB TITLE: Lab Technician R&D/Product Development Engineering
DEPARTMENT: Energy Lab
LOCATION: Markham, Ontario
REPORTING TO: Barry Johnson
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our commitment to innovation enables advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. TE’s unmatched breadth of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest of environments, helps build a safer, greener, smarter and more connected world. With 75,000 people – including more than 7,000 engineers – working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, we help ensure that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS - www.TE.com.
As a key part of the global Connector and Fittings R&D team within the Energy Business Unit (BU), the Product Development Test Lab must ensure that new products meet or exceed performance requirements.
Lab personnel must carry out their critical testing duties accurately and in a timely manner so that both the technical and time-based qualification objectives of each project are met.
TE Energy BU has a position for a Lab Technician R&D/ Product Development Engineering in our Energy Lab in Markham, Ontario, Canada. The incumbent in this role will need to plan, set up and run tests as part of the laboratory facility’s service primarily to our Energy Engineering Business Unit, for the purposes of new product development and qualification of products.
• Set up and perform qualification tests to Industry specifications such as ANSI, UL, IEEE, and IEC on connectors and fittings.
• Configuring equipment for non-standard tests for the purpose of product evaluation and design verification.
• Reporting writing to provide detailed documented record of methods and results or tests performed.
• Oversight of equipment calibration contracts and ensuring that all equipment maintains its “in calibration standing”.
• Develop test procedures and processes as and when necessary for the smooth operation of the lab. Ability to communicate and work together with all levels of the company.
• Must be a graduate form a recognized college/university. He or she should be a member of an industry accredited association (PEO, OACETT, etc.)
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in Product or Test Engineering environment.
• Must have extensive exposure to various lab practices, equipment and methodology.
• Must be able to develop well-coordinated test plans and work schedules.
• Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Must have interpersonal skills and be a self-managed team player.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software
Tyco Electronics Canada Ltd. (905) 475-6222 tel
20 Esna Park Drive (905) 470-5271 fax
Markham, Ontario L3R 1E1 tycoelectronics.com
At TE, we believe in unleashing people’s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN – LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the Top 100 Innovators as well as deemed one of the world’s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.
TE Connectivity is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Please submit all applications to the attention of Anaheet Sethna at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org