Technical Application Specialist (Electrical Engineer)
Last Day to Apply: December 31, 2018
POSITION: Technical Application Specialist (Electrical Engineer)
LOCATION: 90 Belfield Rd, Toronto, ON
STATUS: Full Time
Who We Are
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. We are a Chicago-based company that designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. Whether it be through industry shaping or traditional solutions, S&C is dedicated to keeping the lights on for billions of people worldwide.
Come join our team of over 350 members who develop, design, manufacture and support a wide range of solutions and products designed to help keep the lights on!
Why Work for S&C Electric Canada Ltd
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our team. S&C supports these qualities with a competitive package of pay and benefits, including:
- Bonus Plan
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefit Options
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Paid Holiday Shutdown
- Summer Hours
- Seniority Recognition Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Cafeteria
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Application Specialist. Reporting to the Manager – Inside Sales, the successful candidate will work closely with our Outside Sales Engineers in creating unique solutions to solve our customers’ complex problems in the Power Industry. The ideal candidate is a professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an understanding of the Electrical Distribution market
What You Will Do
In this role you will develop knowledge of S&C’s products and Power Systems that support the utility market, renewable projects, and Smart-Grids. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Work closely with S&C District Managers in preparing quotations, technical proposals and solutions for customer’s applications
- Assist customers with selecting suitable S&C products based on their technical specifications and electrical single-line diagram
- Work with consultant engineers to develop a solution for their application with S&C products and services
- Act as an internal liaison between product engineering, power systems engineering, and the sales department
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team player and a self-starter who is passionate about solving problems. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or in a similar field
- Coursework in Electrical Power Distribution, Generation, and Transmission
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to comprehend electric schematic drawings and documentation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please send a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.