Scope of the Position
Robertson Electric has expanded into the Industrial market and we’re currently looking for Outside Sales Reps to take on the Hamilton-Niagara, Kitchener, London, Sarnia, regions. We’re also continuing to expand at our current branches, looking for a Sales Rep to join our Hamilton branch.
Responsibilities include maintaining existing business and new account acquisition in the surrounding area. The Outside Sales Rep is responsible for obtaining profitable daily sales of company products, as sold to their assigned accounts. They shall identify other opportunities within the account in order to maximize sale potential. The Outside Sales Rep is responsible for developing new accounts, promoting, selling, and securing orders from prospective customers through a relationship-based approach. They must demonstrate products and services to existing and potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Preform regular and scheduled calls on assigned accounts.
- Provide assistance and product support to customer when required.
- Promote Robertson Electric by ensuring each account receives product line card as well as other company literature made available to you.
- Promote our Suppliers to our accounts.
- Review performance of accounts using tools provided.
- Attend scheduled sales meetings.
- Attend manufacturers training when provided. This may be after business hours on some occasions.
- Ensure inside sales and sales manager are aware of projects you are quoting and entered into quote log. This will help ensure accuracy and deadlines are met.
- Set prospecting targets per month in your territory, determined by Management.
- See that approved sales and action plan is followed and accomplished.
- Work with the credit department in the collection of accounts receivable, and to cooperate in adhering to the company's credit policy.
- Keep abreast of new products and pricing trends in the market.
- Perform special projects as requested.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-3 years’ experience working in the electrical industry
- Strong Industry knowledge
- Ability to be proactive, and problem solve
- Solid Sales experience, minimum 3 years
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Superb written, verbal, and communication skills
- Must be results orientated and possess the ability to work independently and in a team
A few reasons why it’s great to work for us
- Robertson Electric Wholesale is an established and fast growing company
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Opportunities for growth and development
Robertson Electric Wholesale is a highly regarded electrical distributor in Canada. Headquartered in Vaughan, ON with branches across Canada and approximately 250 employees and growing! Robertson has demonstrated steady and secure growth since new ownership in 2008, proving to be a dominant player in the industries we serve.
Robertson Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be informed that the position is contingent upon successful completion of a Mandatory Criminal background check.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.