Outside Sales, Prince George, B.C
Surrey, British Columbia
Last Day to Apply: July 05, 2019
About Our Team
E.B. Horsman & Son (EBH) has been in business since 1900. We are strong, nimble and growing! EBH is proud to be a successful Western Canadian electrical distributor with 20+ locations throughout Alberta, B.C. & Saskatchewan, and one of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We take pride in attracting and retaining the best people in the electrical wholesale industry with a strong culture, a competitive compensation package, an opportunity for personal and professional development and a chance to make a difference. Are you ready to join the EBH Team? What EBH has to offer:
- One on one training program where development is an important part of our culture.
- Safe, healthy and fun working environment with onsite and community events.
- At EBH we are proud to offer high team collaboration with profit sharing and your birthday off.
About the role:
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Outside Sales Representative is responsible for creating and maintaining positive customer relations by identifying opportunities, supporting customer needs, providing up-to-date product information and identifying solutions to any issues. They promote and recommend the best product mix for customers by maintaining current industry knowledge and strives to meet or exceed organizational sales targets.
What you will be great at:
- You will bring a desire to provide excellent customer service. Having an approachable demeanor and a positive “customer first” attitude will help with this role as you will be dealing with our clients
- You will be challenged to find solutions. There will be times where our customer will challenge you with a request where you will need to think outside of the box and is solution driven
- You will be a communicator. Communication is key for this role both verbal and written communication skills to provide updates to our customers such as new products or updates.
- You will be physically challenged. The ability to drive for a large portion of the day is key to this role as you will be continuously checking in with the customer. You may be required to lift up to 50lbs.
- You will be a motivated individual. With the continued growth, you will be challenged in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- You will have ongoing learning. Previous electrical experience is an asset however; we will be providing regular product training to improve skills and knowledge.
- You will be a strong-minded individual. There will times where you must be resilient and persistent in order to deal with rejection from potential customers.
- You will be a presenter. There may be an opportunity where you will be required to lead presentations and meetings.
- You will be going above and beyond. There will be times when you are needed outside of Branch office hours on telephone or email for networking and relationship building activities. Some overnight travel may be required.
Who you are:
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in a relevant area or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience in the electrical/lighting industry
- Valid driver's license
- 5+ years of sales and customer service experience
- Intermediate computer skills with proficiency in MS Office and the ability to use and learn new software
How to Apply: If you believe your skill set matches the Outside Sales posting and are an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic individual we would like to hear from you. EBH provides a challenging work environment with growth opportunities. Please visit our or click on Apply to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We thank all interested applicants. However, we are only able to work with those who live in Canada and have a permanent working status. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.