Product Information Coordinator
Surrey, British Columbia
Posted On: August 27, 2019
Last Day to Apply: September 30, 2019
About Our Team
E.B. Horsman & Son (EBH) has been in business since 1900. We are strong, nimble and growing! EBH is proud to be a successful Western Canadian electrical distributor with 20+ locations throughout Alberta, B.C. & Saskatchewan, and one of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We take pride in attracting and retaining the best people in the electrical wholesale industry with a strong culture, a competitive compensation package, opportunity for personal and professional development and a chance to make a difference. Are you ready to join the EBH Team?
What EBH has to offer:
- Competitive benefit package
- One on one training program where development is an integral part of our culture.
- A safe, healthy, and fun working environment with onsite and community events.
- At EBH we are proud to offer high team collaboration and permanent full-time employment with profit sharing and your birthday off
About the role:
We have a new opportunity. The Product Information Coordinator is responsible for the collection, organization, integrity and overall maintenance of product information. He/she will be working closely with the Marketing, Pricing and Purchasing Departments as well as a data governance team to develop data quality standards and define a set of procedures, policies and a plan in order to implement the EBH Data Governance plan.
You will be great at:
- You are someone who enjoys and is challenged by data. You will be challenged with an ongoing review, maintenance and monitoring data such as product description, pricing, and new product.
- You are a strategic thinker. When reviewing data you will be challenged to minimize redundancies and provide suggestions and ensure data reliability.
- You will be a team player and lend support. You will be relied on for lead data initiatives and analysis building the cross-team relationship and working with subject matter experts and process owners to improve data quality.
- You will be a communicator. In this role, you will rely upon to work with Suppliers and other 3rd party providers in gathering information and communicating any updates to the EBH team.
- You will be a motivated individual. With the continued growth, you will be challenged in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
Who you are:
- A diploma in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent of education and experience
- Proficiency or experience with Database modeling, SQL, Transact-SQL, Microsoft Access
- Advanced programmatic MS Excel skills
- Strong communication skills in order to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Effective analytical abilities in order to examine data architecture and make recommendations on improvements
- Ability to be inclusive, collaborative and respectful
- Strong project management skills in order to manage daily operations and multiple assignmentsOpens a New Window.
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, day shift
Work Location: Head Office 19295 25th Ave, Surrey
How to Apply: If you believe your skillset matches the Product Information Coordinator posting and are an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic individual we would like to hear from you. EBH provides a challenging work environment with growth opportunities. Please visit our http://ebhorsman.com/careers or click on Apply to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
We thank all interested applicants. However, we are only able to work with those who live in Canada and have a permanent working status. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.