Laboratory Technician, Codes & Standards
Posted On: September 10, 2019
Last Day to Apply: September 24, 2019
We are seeking the services of a Codes&Standards Laboratory Technician to manage all certification laboratory activities, plan and manage product compliance projects (testing and reporting) related to emergency lighting.
- Manage the laboratory projects associated with product certification (scope, timeline, deliverables, etc.);
- Conduct compliance testing (electrical, mechanical, photometry) using test methods published in product compliance standards or technical rules (Canada and USA);
- Compile test data and document results in laboratory reports;
- Manage all certification laboratory activities to maintain qualifications obtain from third party certification agencies (ISO17025);
- Represent the Codes&Standards certification laboratory in design projects review meetings (projects status, etc.).
- Ensure that test equipment is calibrated and maintained in optimal operational use;
- Maintain laboratory in proper working order and ensure it meets ABB safety requirements.
- A college diploma in a technical discipline or a diploma of vocational studies in electronics or relevant qualifications as well as five years’ experience in the field of electronics or electricity testing;
- Experience on the use of various mechanical and electronic measurement equipment in a laboratory environment;
- Excellent teamwork qualifications, good organizational and planning skills;
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office system;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and French;
- Ability in priority management as well as proficiency in simultaneous multi-tasking;
- Ability to lift average loads occasionally (up to 50 lbs);
- An understanding of the lighting product standards (CSA, UL, etc.), an asset;
- Understanding of the basic concept found in ISO17025, an asset;
- Autonomy and details oriented.
- Knowledge of the field of new generation lighting systems, an asset.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday; 40hrs/week
Possibility of overtime
Starting Date: To be determined