Posted On: September 24, 2019
Last Day to Apply: October 15, 2019
We are looking for an energetic, results oriented individual who has the ability to prioritize and think on their feet. Our ideal candidate is a team player, with a positive attitude, who is reliable, safety conscious, willing to learn, demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and shares a passion for exceptional customer service.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all other functional areas within the company.
- Resolving issues arising out of purchase requests in the assigned product areas directly and also assisting in resolving issues arising out of all other product purchase requests.
- Authorized to commit the company on all purchases on his or her own judgment, subject to the purchasing controls in place and under the direction of the corporate purchasing manager
- Possess solid negotiating skills
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, customers and vendors to determine appropriate corrective action
- Manage and control freight costs on inbound and direct shipments
- Quickly perform mathematical functions and relate them to specific task at hand
- Respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- Travel for the attendance in and conduct of presentations
- Work with Suppliers and Staff for expediting required purchase products
- Work with Sales/Quotations when required
- College or University degree in business, purchasing, or supply chain.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in various computer programs, such as Microsoft Office (outlook, word, excel), Eclipse, Internet explorer.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Possess a high degree of professional integrity, ethics and confidentiality
- General electrical product knowledge and ability to acquire specific product knowledge as needed and be able to communicate the same to vendors and customers
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices
Electrozad is the largest independently Canadian owned and operated electrical wholesale distributor in Southwestern Ontario. Founded 64 years ago, Electrozad has over 120 employees in five locations. From products to complete project solutions, we provide customers with a convenient ‘one-stop-shop’ total source for their automation and electrical needs. Our goal as “The House that Service Built” is to provide the highest standard of quality products, service, and support, to consistently meet the expectations of our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering an attractive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We wish to thank all applicants, however, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Electrozad is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Electrozad will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject line: ”Corporate Purchasing/Buyer” to: HR@electrozad.com