Marketing and Product Support Manager
Weidmuller is a leading manufacturer of electronic and electrical connectivity solutions for the transmission of power, data and control signals in industrial environments. We currently have an opening at our Markham headquarters for a motivated Marketing and Product Support Manager to join our team. As the Marketing and Product Support Manager you will support Weidmuller brand awareness, sales and market share growth by leading and managing the Marketing and Product Support team. Coordinate the service support link between Weidmuller innovation and customer satisfaction. Creatively applies and supports tools, services, processes and infrastructure to achieve the goal of excellent service and is also responsible for building the brand awareness and supporting industry segments, product families and regional activities.
- Builds and manages the marketing department (Product Marketing, Technical Support, product and market training, press relations, social media, electronic media, print media, mobile marketing, catalogs, collateral materials, and tradeshows/conventions).
- Refines and implements the marketing and key product/program initiatives with specific focus on driving growth, brand awareness, and lead generation.
- Reports to the Managing Director and collaborates with Distribution manager, RSMs, Controlling and Division heads.
- Engages with Division Heads to understand and evaluate competitive position with respect to new entrants.
- Establishes a concise product/market direction and implementation plan, which is communicated to the marketing group, sales organization, channel and customers.
- Establishes a sustainable Digital Marketing platform and tools that can tie into CRM systems and product analysis.
- Responsible for analysis and determination of total market potential and establishment of implementation of marketing strategies to optimize short and long range business performance in terms of profitability, sales and market penetration.
- Ensure all new product introductions are properly supported with product promotions, sales literature, stocking programs and appropriate training tools.
- Provides market surveys and analysis to guide product specifications in new product lines to provide direction for sales activities.
- Ensures the generation and implementation of annual operating plans and budgeted expenses to support the long-term business strategies and monitor performance by product line.
- Generates and maintains on-going sales forecasts by product line and projected commercial expenses to enable the continuous maintenance of manufacturing build plans.
- Possesses strong leadership and interpersonal skills combined with technical capabilities and market/business knowledge to create a customer-focused vision for the future.
- Provides training and support to sales force and distributors to ensure their ongoing ability to sell and support our product lines. Ensures the staff has an effective level of training to keep current with changing technologies and markets in which we participate.
- Provides leadership in planning product obsolescence, as required, as part of ongoing product strategies to maximize effective use of manufacturing resources in providing the required product portfolio.
- Responsible for effective market communication to both customers and distributors, including product promotion, technical literature, trade show participation and other relevant media.
- Coordinates with Weidmüller USA, Germany and strategic business partners in order to achieve objectives.
- Defines and communicates market and customer requirements through interaction with project teams, business teams, and other departments to maximize market success.
- Coordinates training modules with scheduling for sales including manufacturer’s reps, distributors and customers in Markham and off-site if required.
- Monitors market economics and business performance to make recommendations and implementation plans for pricing strategies and channel access, maximizing profitability.
- Other duties as assigned by Managing Director.
- Ensures through familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental and security regulations (provincial/federal laws, ISO 9001) as well as Weidmuller policies and procedures.
Product Support Leadership:
- Measures, analyzes and reports service metrics. Manages the work of 2-5 Product Support specialists responsible for providing support via the phone and electronic media.
- Provides regular performance reports on established service metrics and product support workload to ensure objectives are achieved and support improvement opportunities are identified.
- Provides Leadership, coaches and empowers department personnel in a manner that results in world-class customer support.
- Visits customer sites to evaluate product service and application issues, as needed. Ensures staff is also exposed to actual customer applications in the field to develop their skills.
- Attracts and grows talent suitable to support Weidmuller innovation in product and services as the company grows. Ensures all direct reports are properly trained to do their jobs effectively and have the opportunity to advance themselves. Responsible for training, counseling, coaching and developing direct employees.
- Manages product support team to continuously improve team product support capabilities and implement recommended training needs, process enhancements, and support tools.
- Utilizes forecasted sales growth and new product launches to project future resource requirements.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Exemplary organizational skills with an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with deadlines and adaptable to changing priorities.
- A self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Detail oriented, keen to learn, driven with a positive attitude
- Strong analytical and computer/tech skills.
- Fluent in English (read, written, speak), be comfortable communicating across different functions and with different levels (French is an asset).
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Marketing, MBA or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a sales/marketing management role.
- Industry knowledge preferred.
- Working experience with SAP.
- Working experience with CRM system is an asset.
Qualified candidates must apply in writing to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.