App Developer - Swidget
Posted On: November 26, 2019
Swidget Corp. is looking for candidates to join our growing team in developing the next evolution in Smart Home and Home Automation. We're currently looking for a motivated and capable application developer to supplement our existing product development team.
As an application developer, you will be responsible for helping us develop the software our users access to control their Smart Homes. As the main interface to the Swidget system, we’re looking for a robust, responsive, beautiful app that feels like an extension of our user’s homes.
This position requires an individual that has experience working on mobile apps, and can provide input and direction throughout the process. The individual must be capable of working equally well in a team as they do independently. In particular, you may be working closely with QA, Product Management, Manufacturing, Hardware teams and third-party companies on customization.
The software team is in a unique position as we aim to incorporate a wide array of technologies into our products - making each project a unique challenge. You may be asked to work on everything from network protocols, to control algorithms to building our design team’s vision for our graphical UI’s.
At Swidget, every member on our team is critical in our mission to change the smart home world, one device at a time. If you are passionate about finding solutions and are interested in smart home technology, this role might be the right fit for you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Building mobile applications (Android, IOS) from the ground up, for controlling and monitoring our line of IoT devices.
- Working with the backend development team to ensure seamless integration with cloud- based functionality.
- Providing input on new product design, and continuously improving our customer experience.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience Creating mobile applications for iOS and Android using Android and iOS’ respective SDKs.
- Proficient with Java/Kotlin, and Objective-C/Swift.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases.
- Experience creating a fluid user design through the use of Async/Background tasks.
- Knowledgeable about the HTTP protocol with experience consuming RESTful API's
- Capable of writing clean, modular, readable code with a focus on reusability.
- Understanding of common security/authentication systems including JWT, OAuth2, TLS.
- Experience using Git to handle version control.
- Experience publishing App's to the Google Playstore and Apple Store.
- Bonus: Experience using the MQTT protocol, and AWS IoT Core in particular.
- Bonus: Experience working with Apple Homekit
What’s In It For You:
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic close-knit team who are building something big
- Autonomous, flexible work environment where you can learn and grow with the company
- Competitive compensation, vacation/sick days, and health benefits plan.
- Ability to help others solve problems in a positive way
- The chance to have a meaningful impact on people’s energy usage and carbon footprint.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.