Business Development - Automation & Control
Last Day to Apply: November 10, 2017
Franklin Empire Inc. is a family owned distributor providing electrical supplies for new constructions, renovations and maintenance of industrial plants and residential and commercial buildings. Beyond products, we specialize in Automation and Control Systems, Process Instrumentation and Lighting solutions. With our Electro-Mecanik Playford and DS Tech shops, our product/service offering is unique among Canadian electrical distributors.
The company is looking for a Business Developer - Automation and Control which may be based at its head office in Montreal, to serve the territory of Montreal and surrounding areas. As we are an exclusive distributor of Siemens products, knowledge of these products will be an important asset.
This person will be report to the director of the corresponding division.
- Develop sales and profitability for the territory and the market segment, among both existing and future customers, in collaboration with external sales representatives;
- Promote Siemens products and brand image and increase visibility;
- Evaluate and manage potential business opportunities and projects;
- Create and implement new sales strategies to achieve pre-established objectives;
- Provide solutions to problems in order to increase customer loyalty and satisfaction;
- Provide technical training in partnership with other collaborators as required;
- Provide technical presentations, both oral and written;
- Provide necessary assistance (quotations and other) to sales team members;
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers and suppliers;
- Optimize travel to reduce costs;
- Optimize the purchasing habits of certain customers, in order to reduce operating costs;
- Keep up to date on the technical requirements of the various types of products;
- Keep up to date on changes in customers and competition;
- Maintain the various reports requested using the available tools.
- DEC in electrodynamics or automation;
- 2 - 3 years experience in sales;
- Interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Strong communication skills, courtesy and diplomacy;
- Computer skills (MS Office);
- Good overall vision and technical mind;
- Possess a car and valid driver's license;
- Knowledge of Siemens products a major asset.
Come join a strong, value-added company, established for over 75 years. Be an important part of the family at Franklin Empire and share in our success!
An attractive base salary plus commissions, complete insurance program, ongoing training, as well as a pension plan will be offered.
Low turnover among our employees is proof of our company’s values. Exciting challenges await you!
Come light up your career!
To apply for this job, please send us your resume.