Energy Saving and Quotation Project Specialist
ENERGY SAVING AND QUOTATION PROJECT SPECIALIST
Supervisor: Energy saving and quotation supervisor
Location: Saint-Laurent, Montreal (Qc)
STANDARD is a Montreal-based, privately-owned company that is acknowledged as a member of the Platinum Club of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. We, at STANDARD, are proud of our products, of our staff, our service and our innovative strength. We provide global lighting solutions in response to the needs and requirements of commercial, industrial and residential markets across Canada through our network of wholesale and retail suppliers. At STANDARD, we inspire creativity, nurture talent, applaud achievements, and create an environment that stimulates professional growth and development.
As part of our growth, we are looking for an Energy saving and quotation projects specialist. Reporting to the Energy saving and quotation supervisor, you will be responsible to promptly and effectively support all quotations or contracts in a timely manner and monitor the process to ensure successful outcomes. You will have to prepare lighting proposals and pricing, manage and ensure the availability of the inventory for the delivery of the project. You will also manage and track energy efficiency projects on behalf of sales representatives across Canada.
Your main responsibilities will be as follow:
Prepare and manage lighting projects
- Prepare and propose the best lighting solutions in connection with engineering plans and specifications:
- Lamps, ballasts and fixtures;
- Lighting controls / controls.
- Pricing the aforementioned lighting proposals to our customers;
- Follow-up on these projects at various stages of the projects;
- Provide required equipment information to the S & OP Coordinator to plan demand management.
Generate significant sales for projects and submissions
- Prepare contracts, bids and pricing for clients in a timely manner;
- Monitoring and documenting bids and contracts;
- Develop strong business relationships with clients;
- Prepare statistical reports to measures success rate and communicate their results;
- Keep up to date on market prices and competition;
- Prepare documents for calculating lighting layout requests.
Generate significant sales for energy efficiency projects
- Create business cases for representatives in a timely manner;
- Prepare customer submissions and quotes for each energy analysis;
- Complete required registration documentation for various programs;
- Monitor and maintain updates on various funding programs for multiple provinces.
Required skills and qualifications
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications (electricity and lighting);
- Understand photometric curves;
- Understand basic financial terms such as return on investment, amortization period, payback period, etc,;
- Independent and able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment;
- Work as a team and have a positive attitude;
- Efficient, able to multi-task and set priorities.
- 5 years of experience in a Submission / Sales role;
- Have technical knowledge in lighting / application;
- Have a Certificate, DEC or BAC in administration or other related field;
- Having an IES degree is an asset;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- Compulsory knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PPT, etc.);
- Knowledge of SAP / AGI32 software is definitely an asset.
STANDARD creates a stimulating work environment where people have the opportunity to develop their talent and reinvent themselves. We, at Standard, make every effort to promote a well-adjusted personal and professional life. Our organizational culture is also founded on values of inclusion and diversity, both of which constitute a competitive edge. Moreover, we are proud of our company’s involvement in the community and the ongoing initiatives that it supports.
STANDARD Products Inc. is committed to an equal opportunity program. Applications from target groups (women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities) are encouraged. Persons with disabilities are invited to indicate their specific needs in order to plan the assistance and accommodation measures for the selection process.
In this document, use of the masculine is generic for the sole purpose of readability.
We wish to thank all those who have submitted an application. Only those invited for an interview will be contacted.