Surrey, British Columbia
Company: E.B. Horsman & Son (EBH) is an independently owned and operated electrical wholesaler in BC and Alberta. With 22 strategically placed locations we look confidently towards the future, recognizing that in this fast paced world we must constantly renew ourselves and our capabilities to meet the ever changing needs of the electrical, industrial automation and communications markets.
As one of Canada’s Best Managed companies, E.B. Horsman & Son takes pride in attracting and retaining the best people in the electrical wholesale industry. To do so we focus strongly on employee development, commit to high ethical standards, and promote an organizational culture of teamwork and an inclusive, respectful work environment. We offer a competitive compensation package as well as extended health, dental and retirement contribution benefits.
We are currently seeking to fill a Branch Manager position in our Edmonton Branch.
The Branch Manager will be an entrepreneurial person who is an excellent team leader and communicator capable of establishing our organization in this relatively new market. Core values of Collaboration, Teamwork and Initiative are vital. He/she will work closely with other corporate, regional and technical managers to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness in all branch sales and operations including but not limited to branch sales, gross profit, expenses and profit before tax budgets.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience in a similar industry
- 5+ years of experience in a management role
- Experience in successfully leading a team to achieve goals is a must
- Experience in the electrical industry is a strong asset
- Strong computer skills including a high proficiency with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn new software
- Valid driver’s license and drive your own vehicle
- Works out of office locations and from vehicle
- Travel is required
- Long working days are occasionally required and remain accessible on a 24/7 basis through cell phone and email
- Ability to multi-task and be able to organize 50+ incoming emails per day
- Ability to work through constant interruptions and balance demands from various areas of the organization
- Ability to lead presentations and meetings
Core Competencies: Teamwork & Collaboration, Reliability, Integrity, Commitment, Initiative, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Adaptability, and Service Orientation
Job Specific Competencies: Decision Making, Leadership, Networking & Relationship Building, Resource & Fiscal Management, Risk Management, and Strategic Thinking
How to Apply: If you believe your skill set matches the above description and are an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic individual we would like to hear from you!
Please apply online at ebhorsman.com/Careers Page. If your experience matches with our needs, a member of our friendly HR team will be in touch with you!
We thank all interested applicants. However, we are only able to work with those who live in Canada and have permanent working status.
Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.