Strategic Pricing and Inventory Control Manager
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Now's the time… Join the team at Graybar Canada!
Graybar Canada, an employee-owned company, is a wholesale distributor for thousands of items from leading manufacturers of electrical and communications & data products. Graybar Canada operates over 30 locations across the country.
Committed to quality through its customer service, products, supply and distribution, and performance, Graybar Canada is a subsidiary of Graybar Electric Company Inc., a Fortune 500 company and one of the oldest and largest American electrical distributors.
Graybar Canada has the power and stability of a big corporation and the integrity and drive of a neighborhood business.
Graybar Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Benefits
- Group RRSP Matching
- Corporate Fitness Membership Program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Computer Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Service Awards Program
- Scholarship Program for Employee’s Children
Graybar Canada currently has an exciting career opportunity available out of our Head Office, Halifax, NS location for a:
STRATEGIC PRICING AND INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGER
Reporting to the Executive VP/GM, the Strategic Pricing and Inventory Control Manager will oversee the Graybar Canada pricing and inventory strategies to support the growth and effectiveness of the business.
- Consistently recommend changes to established methods and procedures, suggest alternative solutions and new methods to improve quality and increase productivity
- Publish reports, analyze data, track performance by area, and determine problems and root causes; communicates results and recommends appropriate action
- Maintain system data integrity
- Train, coach and support to maximize purchasing and warehouse inventory control.
- Oversees the set up and maintenance of the customer pricing matrix and CPA’s in SX.Enterprise, while working in conjunction with Branch Managers, Account Managers and Product Managers.
- Working closely with Product Managers to direct purchasing activities to maximize margins and support of core vendors.
- Establish and maintain strong supplier relationships, periodically meeting with suppliers to enhance communication, ensure that all purchase orders from the branches are well understood, and share performance expectations.
- Maintain and research pricing for all purchased goods.
- Track and advise branches prior to the expiration of customer contracts.
- Leads Inventory reconciliation processes for both stock and non-stock inventory
- Ensures all cycle counts are scheduled and counting is completed timely, accurately, and in compliance with standard operating procedures
- Ensuring system accuracy of inventory items in SX.Enterprise.
- Oversees the set up and maintenance of inventory records in SX Enterprise insuring the accuracy and consistency of pricing, descriptions and product identification.
- Appraise vendor performance through on-site visits and measurements
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain performance.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service, reduce inactive and obsolete products as well as unavailable inventory.
- Insure Graybar Canada is taking advantage of all Vendor Returns policies
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies
- Work closely and in conjunction with Product Managers for assistance in supporting Inventory Control requirements and objectives.
- Knowledge of company's products and services
- Strong business acumen and decision-making skills required to work with third-party suppliers as well as internal employees
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills necessary; strong service-orientation
- Confident working under pressure and tight deadlines
- The ability to generate new ideas and follow through to completion
- Aptitude to effectively interface with senior management and staff
- Preference will be given to those candidates with knowledge of SX Enterprise computer system.
- Post-Secondary education (undergraduate degree preferred) in a customer service related field, courses, etc.
- Preferred 5-7 years’ experience is desired, with direct hands on experience in managing warehouse/inventory and people
This is a brief outline of position responsibilities and does not intend to be all-inclusive of the current or future duties, responsibilities or reporting relationships of the position.