Marketing Communications Specialist - Graphic Design
Marketing Communications Specialist – Graphic Design (Job Number : P3840709182017)
Marketing Communications Specialist – Graphic Design
Brady Corporation is a $1.23 billion dollar international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. Brady has been in business for over 100 years and currently has 90 locations in 29 countries.
The Marketing Communications Specialist – Graphic Design will act as the production graphic designer person for the internal Marketing Communications department and the Canadian print shop. Creative, detail-oriented, and technically-skilled, the Graphic Designer enjoys working in a fast paced, highly-collaborative, deadline-driven environment. Responsible for collaborating with other Graphic Designer, Copywriters, Project Managers, Product Managers, Pre Press teams and other internal contributors in the creation and production of varied creative content, including, but not limited to literature, catalogs, digital advertising, newsletters, ebooks, webinars, signs, shadow boards, and related products through our outside vendors and in house print shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides new and existing customers with the best possible service in relation to proof and art creation, design and creation of visual materials for custom products, through the Canadian printshop.
- Creates design ideas, advises on layout, typefaces, colors, and styles for custom products.
- Creates artwork with attention-to-detail and a high degree of quality accuracy to ensure all attributes are aligned and meet product specifications for manufacturing through the Canadian printshop.
- Make proactive recommendations to improve creative and develop content at both the strategic and tactical level based on his/her expertise.
- Coordinate the collection and administration of digital assets including images and collateral and serve as the global administrator for the digital asset management tool.
- Manage relationships with print production vendors by handling quotes, price negotiation and quality assurance of final piece.
- Manage relationship with print shop material suppliers by handling, planning, scheduling and purchasing production materials.
- Set and maintain a detailed production schedule to alert stakeholders who will provide input and distribute work accordingly to maximize department efficiency.
- Responsible for maintaining, implementing and policing the use of established branding standards and brand integrity.
- Responsible for pre press artwork derived for customer orders intended for in house print shop.
- All other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Design, Marketing, Advertising or Communications or equivalent experience
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years in a graphic design function
- Experience designing highly-structured, data-heavy pieces such as catalogs and long form product brochures
- Experience with graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Quark, and Vector Magic.
- Ability to work in a MAC environment along with web-based graphics and design tools such as Flash, FrontPage, Proof HQ, or Dream Weaver.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud tools
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Quark, and Vector Magic. MAC computers and web-based graphics and design tools such as Flash, FrontPage, Proof HQ, or Dream Weaver.
- Familiarity with Digital Asset Management (DAM) tools, specifically Widen
- Ability to operate in a fragmented business with varied product categories and 50,000+ SKU product catalog which demands flexibility to handle design and bounce between multiple products and industries on a daily basis
- HTML design proficiency at a beginner to intermediate skill level
- Travel: 0% - 10%
- Complete insurance coverage starting on first day of employment – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bonus opportunity
- Vacation and Holiday pay
- Climate controlled and clean work environment
To apply, use link: