Technical Specialist II_Energy
JOB TITLE: Technical Specialist II_Energy
DEPARTMENT: Energy Engineering and New Product Development, Division of TE Canada
REPORTING TO: Barry Johnson
TE Connectivity’s Technical Engineering Support Teams analyze, test and assist in research for the development of products and processes. Team members may specialize in quality control or assurance, chemical manufacturing processes, metals, electrical connectors and components, process development, materials, and/or instrumentation. They may also handle calibration, displays, network control, mold development and audiovisual work or environmental health and safety. The Technical Engineering Support Teams are responsible for the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines. They plan, prioritize, and manage multiple engineering projects; prioritize tasks and assign team members to ensure that the team's overall resources are used effectively and that project deadlines are met. They evaluate and authorize changes that significantly impact the scope, budget, or timeline of a project. At times, they may work directly with customers to understand needs, gather customer requirements, identify resources and assess project risks. They create, develop, plan, write and edit operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication, for non-technical and technical users.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- As integral part of Connector & Fittings engineering team, create accurate 3D solid models and assemblies in support of new product development
- Create detailed component, sub-assembly and assembly drawings per TE Connectivity standards using Creo 3.0 and AutoCAD; drawings are reviewed and approved by Product Engineering and the Engineering Manager.
- Trained and experienced using Creo’s Windchill software database where almost all company 3D models, drawings aand product specifications re controlled and stored.
- Actively contribute to innovation process by participation in brainstorm sessions to generate concepts at early stages of new product development projects.
- Responsible for printing out 3D parts through in-house 3D printer to check prototype designs for form, fit, and functionality.
- Interface with engineering and manufacturing functions to improve manufacturability through design.
- Work closely with engineers to effectively communicate with manufacturing vendors/suppliers in order to accurately capture all critical features of the design.
- Effectively analyze first article inspection reports to ensure all critical features of the design meets specifications.
- Provide detailed design calculations such as tolerance stack-ups/mating clearances to product engineers for design verification and approval.
- Implement Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) on drawings to effectively control critical features on a product.
- Initiate the engineering change process to modify and revise existing drawings and release them in the internal system Windchill database. Engineering changes are initiated at the request of Product Managers or Product Engineering.
- Created and implemented design guides on existing family of products in order to standardize our designs and ensure consistency. This requires a complete breakdown from assembly to sub assembly and right down to component level. Each component is broken down into features and each critical feature is explained and standardized based on product application. This requires the technical specialist to meet with the responsible engineer in order to capture all design specifications accurately.
- Completion of 3-year diploma program in mechanical design.
- Three to five years experience in product development environment
- Proven abilities as competent user of CAD design tools such as Creo,
- Ability to use ANSYS CAE tools in analysis of optimization of designs a definite asset.
- Integrity and Trust
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
Tyco Electronics is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
If you require accommodation during the interview process, please advise us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Tyco Electronics Canada Ltd.
(905) 475-6222 tel | (905) 470-5271 fax
20 Esna Park Drive, Markham, Ontario L3R 1E1