Electrical Outside Sales Representative
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Electrical Outside Sales Representative
Bartle and Gibson Co. Ltd. have been in business since 1944. With 31 distribution centres we are a leading distributor in plumbing, heating and electrical supplies across western Canada and the North West Territories. We are committed to providing our valued customers excellent service and team members an exciting and positive workplace.
We are currently in search of a career orientated person to join our team at our Port Coquitlam location to handle Electrical Outside Sales and Quotations to our customers. You are self-motivated and have the experience to back up your past success and are no stranger to working in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail and great communication skills. Your organizational skills shine through in how you manage your workflow and you are in search of a career opportunity with great potential.
Reporting directly to the Distribution Branch Manager, you will be responsible for all Outside Electrical Sales and quotes, quote follow up and after sale service. Your major focus will be on growing our business by calling on and servicing an existing account base as well as developing new accounts in the electrical sales industry. You will be required to travel within the Lower Mainland for this position. A valid Driver’s License is required.
Your job duties are, but not limited to:
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responding to inquiries and processing incoming calls and orders
- Contacting current customers and identifying new products and potential up-selling
- Entering orders into system
- Purchasing materials for customers and sales negotiations
- Sourcing materials for customers when currently not in stock
- Opening new accounts and closing orders
- Maintaining knowledge base on current products and learning about new products
- Providing product information, pricing quotations and follow-up on quotes
- Offering technical expertise on products to purchasers
- Developing and maintaining positive customer relationships
- Ensuring that customers are satisfied with order taking, product, pricing, deliveries and overall service
- Working closely with others to ensure customer needs are met
Skills & Competencies:
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to warm up and develop instant rapport with potential customers
- Ability to develop long term relationships and generate referrals from your customers
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable organizational skills with attention to detail
- Time management & multitasking skills to serve several customers at the same time
- Strong networking skills, outgoing personality
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Email)
- Self-motivated; able to function effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced work environment
Qualifications & Education:
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Candidates should possess a minimum of two years’ sales experience (counter sales, inside sales or outside sales)
- Post-Secondary courses in Electrical preferred
- Skilled in serving and negotiating with institutional and industrial purchasers, electrical contractors and the public
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the electrical industry or a background in electrical products would be considered an asset
If you want to join a company with a great culture that truly values and rewards you for a job well done, then we encourage you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our compensation and benefits, including profit sharing and career growth potential are competitive and will be based on experience and abilities.
*No phone calls or drop ins. Apply by application submission only, stating applicable experience and salary expectations in your cover letter. All submissions are kept in the highest level of confidentiality. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Bartle & Gibson, however, only those who possess the desired qualifications, experience and local to Lower Mainland will be contacted for further review.
Final candidates will be required to undergo an assessment and security screening, including a Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract. Employment is subject to screening completion that is satisfactory to Bartle & Gibson.