Wholesale Counter Clerk-Electrical
Fulltime Electrical Counter Sales Associate
Bartle and Gibson Co. Ltd. have been in business since 1944. With 31 distribution centres we are a leading distributor in plumbing, heating and electrical supplies across western Canada and the North West Territories. We are committed to providing our valued customers excellent service and team members an exciting and positive workplace.
We are currently in search of a career orientated person to join our Customer Service team, Electrical division. The position operates in a fast paced, dynamic, rewarding environment. You are a self-motivated team player efficient at using your time and are often referred to as a dependable individual who enjoys physical labour while meeting new people.
Reporting directly to the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for all Electrical counter sales and product returns while providing expertise as a member of the customer service team. Your major focus will be on the Electrical business with plumbing knowledge. Your job duties are, but not limited to:
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers
- Develops and maintains positive customer relationships
- Accesses the company’s internal systems to obtain and extract order information and enter orders
- Responds to inquiries and processing incoming calls and orders
- Sources materials for customers when currently not in stock
- Receives, processes and verifies the accuracy of orders from customers
- Responds professionally to all product returns
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with order taking, product, pricing, deliveries and overall service
- Responds to requests for order changes, including the maintenance of order/customer information files
- Communicates order/customer changes to the appropriate personnel/departments
- Maintains knowledge base on current products and learning about new products
- Performs assigned system maintenance to various electronic order files
- Assists in developing and recommending changes to existing methods and systems to increase the accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness of the customer service department as a whole
- Works closely with others to ensure customer needs are met
- Completes other duties as required
You will prove yourself to be an asset to Bartle & Gibson by possessing the following skills necessary to succeed:
Skills & Competencies:
- Possess sales and customer service skills and portray a positive attitude
- Ability to portray a business like professional appearance and deal with customers professionally
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable organizational skills with attention to detail
- Time management & multitasking skills to serve several customers at the same time
- Strong networking skills, outgoing personality
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Email)
- Self-motivated; able to function effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness to take product knowledge seminars, training sessions and meetings
- Ability and willingness to take courses on sales and customer service if provided
Qualifications & Education:
- Minimum grade 12 education required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ counter sales experience in wholesale or building supply stores
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the electrical industry or knowledge of electrical products required
- Experience using Microsoft Office required
- Must be fluent in English
If you want to join a company with a great culture that truly values and rewards you for a job well done, then we encourage you to submit your resume to email@example.com. Our compensation and benefits, including profit sharing and career growth potential are competitive and will be based on experience and abilities.
*No phone calls or drop ins. Apply by application submission only, stating applicable experience and salary expectations in your cover letter. All submissions are kept in the highest level of confidentiality. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Bartle & Gibson, however, only those who possess the desired qualifications, experience and local to the Wetaskiwin area will be contacted for further review.
Final candidates will be required to undergo an assessment and security screening, including a criminal record check. Employment is subject to screening completion that is satisfactory to Bartle & Gibson.