Technical Inside Sales
Last Day to Apply: May 18, 2018
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Electrical products that work flawlessly under the harshest conditions go unnoticed everyday. The Appleton brand has long been the hallmark for the protection of people and equipment while delivering reliable power. Count on certified protection for any environment, from ordinary commercial settings to harsh industrial conditions, in any region of the world. Our fittings, lighting, and power distribution solutions are designed to operate without incident: because failure is not an option.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Provide technical and pricing support to Sales Representatives/Agents, Distributors, Engineering Firms, OEM’s and End-Users that would assist in the selection of appropriate products for specific applications, both hazardous and non-hazardous. Coordinate large projects, be the single point of contact for a project externally and internally.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
Product Knowledge and Technical Information
Resolve technical issues that may arise in the field or in new product design.
- Provide telephone and/or email support for Sales Reps, Distributors and End-Users to resolve technical question.
- Able to create a project or ship and debit quotation in Vendavo.
- Coordinate and track the production of engineered to order products
- Address technical issues with customers
- Coordinate product returns and rework as required
- Provide top level technical support
- Specify and cross reference components as required
- Lead large orders meetings with Operations Group
- Interact with and guide Customer Service Team
External Project Coordination
- Interpret bid packages for large industrial projects.
- Complete bid packages and vendor documentation as required.
- Schedule and monitor the orders for these projects to facilitate timely delivery of standard and customized products.
- Provide accurate information with regard to the above to the client or distributor.
- Provide and coordinate all technical drawing and product specification packages.
- Proactively track projects to drive customer satisfaction.
- Work as a cross functional team member in the Global Projects Organization on select international projects.
- Proactively communicate with internal team and customers throughout order process.
Internal Project Coordination
- Lead/ Support new product launches.
- Provide project management support when required.
- Review and analyze market and competitive trends with intelligence gained from communicating with reps, customers and end users.
- Assist Marcomm in the development of new literature, price lists and marketing materials.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code, and applications.
- Must develop knowledge of hazardous locations.
- Project Management processes.
- Computer literacy in current business software (including Excel, email, Word, Power Point, Oracle.
- Ability to listen to and interpret telephone requests received from anywhere in the world.
- Attention to detail, good general mathematical ability, Internet search & telephone skills.
- Ability to address multiple different requests simultaneously dealing with the issues efficiently and effectively.
- Experience dealing with the electrical wholesale industry.
- Must have ability to understand and provide technical information for large project quotation requests.
- Must have ability to read and understand electrical drawings.
- Ability to work with multiple manufacturing sites to assure an order is shipped according to specification and on time.
- Have a working knowledge of Appleton standard products and made to order products.
- Creative thinker, going the extra mile to find a solution for the customer.
- Knowledge of quotation and product delivery processes for large industrial projects.
- Prioritize work and work efficiently, ability to work cross-functionally and globally
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Eager to drive improvements and fix bottlenecks
- Oral and written fluency in French though not required will be considered an asset.
Emerson is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply including women, Aboriginal Peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available at all stages of recruitment, selection and employment. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources or Accessibility.Canada@Emerson.com to make appropriate arrangements.