Project Coordinator - Electrical Distribution & Lighting
Position: Project Coordinator - Electrical Distribution & Lighting
Location: Mississauga, ON
Availability : Immediately
Anixter is a Fortune 500 company and a leading global supplier of communication and security products and electrical and electronic wire and cable. Our high-performing team works closely with customers and the community to better understand their business challenges specify cost-saving solutions and make informed purchasing decisions around technologies, applications and relevant standards.
With more than 800 employees across Canada, Anixter offers a variety of rewarding career opportunities, a wide range of benefits such as a competitive salary, generous bonus programs, a comprehensive employee benefit package and a tuition reimbursement program.
As a Distribution/Lighting Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing industrial and commercial construction projects from award to project completion. Including internal and external kick-off meetings to transfer the proposal to post-award function, order entry, change orders, supplier negotiation for any changes, P&L responsibility per project, shop drawings submittals/clarifications and approvals, problem solving, closeout documentation and disputes.
- Ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in project coordination role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 5 years including expertise in commercial & industrial distribution and lighting projects
- Confident in your ability to provide value to the field sales organization acting as a business developer, sales resource, and team player.
- Self motivated, strong work ethic, and communications skills along with proven relationship building skills
- Strong technical acumen with respect to distribution and lighting design and specifications.
- Have strong negotiation and sales skills
- Proficient in MS Office, previous experience working with some EPC and Majors Contractors is also highly desired
- Ability to plan, execute, organize, and adapt to deadlines
- Formal training in project management fundamentals is an asset (i.e. PMP certification)
- Exceptional communication skills both written and spoken
This position offers you:
- Competitive base salary plus a bonus pay program to reward you for your results.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, pension with employer match.
- Exceptional training and on-going development programs to support your career growth including a tuition reimbursement program.
- Opportunities for career growth and stability with a Fortune 500 company.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include Project Coordinator - Electrical Distribution in the subject line.
We are grateful for your interest in Anixter; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anixter Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Anixter Inc. is also proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview.