Product Manager - Electrical Distribution, Controls & Enclosures
Position: Product Manager – Electrical Distribution, Controls & Enclosures
Location: Mississauga, ON
Availability : Immediately
Anixter is a Fortune 500 company and a leading global supplier of communication and security products and electrical and electronic wire and cable. Our high-performing team works closely with customers and the community to better understand their business challenges specify cost-saving solutions and make informed purchasing decisions around technologies, applications and relevant standards.
With more than 800 employees across Canada, Anixter offers a variety of rewarding career opportunities, a wide range of benefits such as a competitive salary, generous bonus programs, a comprehensive employee benefit package and a tuition reimbursement program.
The GCE Product Manager is the company’s subject matter expert for their products and suppliers. They have responsibility for understanding, communicating, and leveraging the features/benefits of their products in order to drive sales and profitability growth. The position is 50% strategic and 50% tactical with upward mobility. This role reports to the Director of Product Management within the company’s Electrical and Electronic Solutions (EES) division.
- Manage tactical relationship with key suppliers
- Identify product/process cost improvement opportunities
- Effectively communicate key product messaging both internally and externally
- Identify, manage, and communicate new product introductions
- Help manage into stock cost via Anixter tools
- Help support Anixter’s Contracts team and NSP group to help manage SPA’s
- Manage Marketing Co-op programs and vendor rebate agreements
- Conduct supplier negotiations to obtain best value, terms, and rebates
- Engage cross-functionally with sales, sourcing, and engineering teams
- Participates in end customer sales calls
- Work with Inventory Management team to develop inventory models and replenishment strategies
- Assists in development of marketing collateral
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal stakeholders
- Support sourcing team in BOM and specifications review to identify product and supplier option
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing or similar roles
- Previous experience in the electrical distribution market is a plus
- Must be self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Analytical and detail orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication/ presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Good PC skills including MS Office applications such as Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume directly to email@example.com . Please include Product Manager - Electrical Distribution in the subject line.
We are grateful for your interest in Anixter; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anixter Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Anixter Inc. is also proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview.