Regional Sales Manager - LAN Canada
Regional Sales Manager – LAN Canada
Location – Markham, ON
As a global leader in advanced cabling and connectivity solutions, Nexans brings energy to life through an extensive range of best-in-class products and innovative services. For over 120 years, innovation has been the company's hallmark, enabling Nexans to drive a safer, smarter and more efficient future together with its customers. Today, the Nexans Group is committed to facilitating energy transition and supporting the exponential growth of data by empowering its customers in four main business areas: Building & Territories, High Voltage & Projects, Telecom & Data and Industry & Solutions. Corporate Social Responsibility is a guiding principle of Nexans' business activities and internal practices. In 2013 Nexans became the first cable provider to create a Foundation supporting sustainable initiatives bringing access to energy to disadvantaged communities worldwide. The Group's commitment to developing ethical, sustainable and high-quality cables drives its active involvement within several leading industry associations, including Europacable, The National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), International Cablemakers Federation (ICF) or CIGRE to mention a few. Nexans employs more than 26,000 people with industrial footprint in 34 countries and commercial activities worldwide. In 2017, the Group generated 6.4 billion euros in sales. Nexans is listed on Euronext Paris, compartment A.
The position is responsible for sales of Nexans LAN Systems in assigned territory and for deploying national and regional sales strategies at national/global accounts, segments and verticals while optimizing sales volume and profitability within the prescribed territory.
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop differentiated programs utilizing BerkTek/Nexans brands represented within commercial datacom. Proactively market products and programs to assigned territory.
- Coordinate with the channel, other RSMs, and Rep Agencies (where appropriate) to target and develop multi-region, national, multi-national and global End User accounts which reside and/or have decision influence in assigned Region.
- Work with other Nexans divisions’ sales resources when appropriate to develop an effective coordinated sales strategy. Collaborate to maximize volume, mix and margin.
- Utilize professional consultative sales expertise to conduct business analysis to develop, present and implement customized business solutions to each targeted End-User account.
- Develop distribution channel relationships to establish an inventory position for Nexans LAN products. Monitor and recommend adjustments to inventory levels. Provide product training to distribution personnel.
- Engage consultants and end users to ensure Nexans Cabling Solutions components are included on project specification documents and end user company standard specifications.
- Develop national/multi-city contractor/integrator relationships to secure installation partner support for project opportunities and ultimately achieve specification on end user corporate standards.
- Drive channel friendly strategies consistent with the Company Strategic Plan.
- Prepare annual sales and expense forecasts and prepare annual business plan in support of company objectives.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews.
- Utilize key channel relationships to enhance market/product intelligence as well as volume sales.
- Use sales tracking systems to accurately manage accounts and business levels and meet/exceed objectives. Provide monthly feedback to management on the status of assigned sales objectives.
- Compliance and implementation of Group rules and policies in matters of the Group Code of ethics.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Sales/Marketing or related field, MBA preferred
- High level of communication and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills-ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Marketing implementation strategy including ability to manage complex issues involving account development, and program enhancement
- Must maintain the image and integrity of the Company with our clients, consultants, distribution partners
- Strong history of customer interaction and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- 10 years experience calling on C-level executives
- 10 years experience in a consultative sales role
- 10 years experience in a world class Sales/Marketing organization
We appreciate your interest, however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.