Sales Positions - Wire and Cable
Scope of the Position
The Sales Representative will be responsible for maintaining existing business and new account acquisition in our Wire and Cable division located in Southwestern Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, and Northern Ontario. The Sales Rep is responsible for obtaining profitable daily sales of company products, as sold to their assigned accounts. They shall identify other opportunities within the account in order to maximize sale potential. The Sales Rep is responsible for developing new accounts, promoting, selling, and securing orders from prospective customers through a relationship-based approach. They must demonstrate products and services to existing and potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Perform regular and scheduled calls on assigned accounts.
- Provide assistance and product support to customers when required
- Promote Robertson Electric by ensuring each account receives product line card as well as other company literature made available to you.
- Attend scheduled sales meetings
- Attend manufacturers training when provided. This may be after business hours on some occasions
- Ensure inside sales and sales manager are aware of projects that are quoted and entered into the quote log. This will help ensure accuracy and deadlines are met.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs and requirements
- Define and execute sales objectives and goals
- Set prospecting targets per month in your territory, determined by Management
- Keep abreast of new products and pricing trends in the market.
- Perform special projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in the wire/cable industry is an asset
- Ability to be proactive, and problem solve
- Solid Sales experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Superb written, verbal, and communication skills
- Must be results orientated and possess the ability to work independently and in a team
Robertson Electric Wholesale is a highly regarded electrical distributor in Canada. Headquartered in Vaughan, ON with branches across Canada and has over 300 employees and growing! Robertson has demonstrated steady and secure growth since new ownership in 2008, proving to be a dominant player in the industries we serve.
A few reasons why it’s great to work for us
- Robertson Electric Wholesale is an established and fast-growing company
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Opportunities for growth and development
Regions served: GTA, Southwestern Ontario, Eastern Ontario, Northern Ontario, Winnipeg and Vancouver
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robertson Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be informed that the position is contingent upon successful completion of a Mandatory Criminal background check.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.