Technical Application Specialist
Last Day to Apply: October 27, 2018
Who We Are
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. We are a Chicago-based company that designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. Whether it be through industry shaping or traditional solutions, S&C is dedicated to keeping the lights on for billions of people worldwide.
Come join our team of over 350 members who develop, design, manufacture and support a wide range of solutions and products designed to help keep the lights on! Please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNbLwEfVg6E&feature=youtu.be for testimonials of current team members on their experience of working at S&C.
Why Work for S&C Electric Canada Ltd
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our team. S&C supports these qualities with a competitive package of pay and benefits, including:
- Bonus Plan
- Pension Plan
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Paid Holiday Shutdown
- Flexible Benefit Options
- Seniority Recognition Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Cafeteria
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Application Specialist for our Toronto office. Reporting to the Manager – Inside Sales, the successful candidate will work closely with our Outside Sales Engineers in creating unique solutions to solve customers’ complex problems in the Power Industry. The ideal candidate is a professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an understanding of the Electrical Distribution market.
What You Will Do
In this role you will develop knowledge of S&C’s products and Power Systems that support the utility market, renewable projects, and Smart-Grids. In addition, the successful candidate will:
- Work closely with S&C District Managers in preparing quotations, technical proposals and solutions for customer’s applications
- Assist customers with selecting suitable S&C products based on their technical specifications and electrical single-line diagram
- Work with consultant engineers to develop a solution for their application with S&C products and services
- Act as an internal liaison between product engineering, power systems engineering, and the sales department
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a team player and a self-starter who is passionate about solving problems. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or in a similar field
- Coursework in Electrical Power Distribution, Generation, and Transmission
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to comprehend electric schematic drawings and documentation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please send a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.