Quality Assurance Engineer
Last Day to Apply: December 31, 2018
POSITION: Quality Assurance Engineer
LOCATION: 90 Belfield Rd, Toronto, ON
STATUS: Full Time
Who We Are
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. We are a Chicago-based company that designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. Whether it be through industry shaping or traditional solutions, S&C is dedicated to keeping the lights on for billions of people worldwide.
Come join our team of over 350 members who develop, design, manufacture and support a wide range of solutions and products designed to help keep the lights on!
Why Work for S&C Electric Canada Ltd
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our team. S&C supports these qualities with a competitive package of pay and benefits, including:
- Flexible Benefits
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Bonus Plan
- Pension Plan
- Paid Holiday Shutdown
- Summer Hours
- Seniority Recognition Program
- Subsidized Cafeteria
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer with experience in custom switchgear testing, design, and applications. The successful candidate will work closely with Engineering, Production Operation and Internal Operation departments to ensure that associated tests and requirements of S&C switchgears are tested and verified according to customer specifications and requirements.
What You Will Do
- Design test procedures to ensure that all aspects of custom control circuits are operating correctly, based on schematic wiring diagrams
- Perform tests to verify the correct operation of control circuits, troubleshoot when required, and work closely with the Production and Engineering departments to correct any identified issues during testing
- Facilitate Factory Acceptance Testing and be able to comfortably demonstrate and explain the functions of the S&C control circuits to customer representatives
- Provide guidance and assistance to QA inspectors, Production Team Members and in some cases, other Technical Support staff
- Assess existing testing procedures and logistics and suggest opportunities for improvement
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a professional who has excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills. In addition, the candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the basic functions and design of automated switchgears
- Ability to comprehend and understand the function of control circuits
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills with the ability to identify the source of unexpected results or failures during quality testing
- Knowledge of electrical industry standards, such as CSA and ESA
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please send a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.