Industrial Communications Business Developer
Surrey, British Columbia
About Our Team
E.B. Horsman & Son (EBH) has been in business since 1900. We are strong, nimble and growing! EBH is proud to be a successful Western Canadian electrical distributor with 20+ locations throughout Alberta, B.C. & Saskatchewan, and one of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We take pride in attracting and retaining the best people in the electrical wholesale industry with a strong culture, a competitive compensation package, opportunity for personal and professional development and a chance to make a difference. Are you ready to join the EBH Team? What EBH has to offer… Full benefit package after passing probation with competitive starting wage. Exceptional training program where development is an important part of our culture. Safe, healthy and fun working environment with onsite and community events. At EBH we are proud to offer high team collaboration and permanent full-time employment with profit sharing and your birthday off
About the role…
The Industrial Communication Business Developer is responsible for the Siemens Industrial Communications products portfolio and will work with both our industrial projects and sales teams to call on potential customers and recommend solutions in the industrial network world that best fits our client’s needs. Additionally, this position is responsible for delivering technical presentations to both end users as well as consulting engineers to explain our solutions and products with the goal of having them specified on tender documents. The applicant should have an understanding of industrial communications networks such as Ethernet, Profinet, Profibus, Modbus, PoE, etc. This individual must be self-motivated, be customer service focused, and demonstrate decision making and problem solving skills. Additionally, the successful candidate must be able to travel within Western Canada as well as occasional trips throughout North America.
What you will be great at...
- Collaborate with sales team to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Work with customers and product managers to assess needs and determine system requirement
- Build a sales pipeline by cultivating prospects; maintain high levels of prospecting activity and quickly establish credibility and trusted relationships with prospective clients
- Advise customers which products are needed for a proposed solution; demonstrate how our products solve specific-use cases for our client Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the industry, our products and services, and the competitive landscape
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services Target account planning and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and solve problems with minimal supervision; must be proactive
- Must be customer service focused
- Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
Who you are...
A diploma or degree in an applicable field
2+ years of experience in the technical industry
3+ years of experience in a sales role or equivalent combination of experience in the technical sales industry
Intermediate computer skills including MS Office Suite
Experience giving formal presentations and product pitches as well as customer/internal training
Understanding of industrial data networks including Ethernet, Profinet, Profibus, Modbus, etc.
General understanding of automation and plant/production control methodology
Valid Driver’s License
How to Apply: If you believe your skill set matches the Industrial Communication Business Developer posting and are an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and
energetic individual we would like to hear from you.EBH provides a challenging work environment with growth opportunities. Please visit our http://ebhorsman.com/careers or click on Apply to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
We thank all interested applicants. However, we are only able to work with those who live in Canada and have permanent working status. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.