Application Engineer (S&C Electric Canada Ltd)
POSITION: Application Engineer
LOCATION: 90 Belfield Rd, Toronto, ON
POSTING#: HR 19-5M
STATUS: Full Time
Who We Are
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. We are a Chicago-based company that designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. Whether it be through industry shaping or traditional solutions, S&C is dedicated to keeping the lights on for billions of people worldwide.
Come join our team of over 350 members who develop, design, manufacture and support a wide range of solutions and products designed to help keep the lights on!
Why Work for S&C Electric Canada Ltd
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our team. S&C supports these qualities with a competitive package of pay and benefits, including:
- Flexible Benefits
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Summer Hours
- Bonus Plan
- Pension Plan
- Paid Holiday Shutdown
- Seniority Recognition Program
- Subsidized Cafeteria
What You Will Do
- Provide pre-sales technical support to customers and the S&C Sales team for automation and protection applications
- Review customer specifications and assist in formulating and communicating the commercial strategy to customers
- Assist the Sales team in developing and refining automation and protection applications using S&C equipment, relays, RTUs and communication devices
- Assist in identifying specific S&C and 3rd party supplier catalog numbers and options to satisfy the requirements of the customer’s functional specification
- Fulfill sales orders and ensure customer specifications and application needs are satisfied through high quality product designs
- Provide engineering support to a team of mechanical and electrical designers and act as a technical resource for problem solving activities in both design and production processes
- Assist in conducting customer-training sessions
What We Are Looking For
S&C is seeking a team player who has excellent organization, communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills. In addition, the candidate must have:
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in, or working knowledge of, medium voltage switching and protection products and systems
- Ability to analyze electrical distribution systems and apply automation products, including protective relays, to meet customer requirements
- Knowledge of industry standards such as UL, CSA, IEEE and NEMA
- Knowledge of safety practices and electrical codes
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please send a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.