Director, Canadian Sales
Viscor is an independently owned manufacturer of industry-leading luminaires for both the United States and Canada. Family owned and operated since 1952, Viscor is home to Visioneering, Certolux and TBR Lighting brands. We manufacture a complete line of energy efficient and IoT ready lighting solutions for industrial, commercial, medical, institutional and architectural applications.
As we continue to grow, we continue to search for talented individuals to join our winning team of lighting and manufacturing specialists. We offer a supportive and modern work environment with advanced technology, competitive salary complete with benefits, and opportunities for advancement whenever possible.
DIRECTOR, CANADIAN SALES
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As the Director, Canadian Sales for Viscor’s lighting brands, you are responsible for leading and driving a team of Sales Managers and developing strategies that will maximize sales, volumes and revenues to increase market share across Canada.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Sales, the ideal candidate is passionate about growth, an influential thought leader and a distinguished member of the electrical community.
- Accountable for achieving budgeted sales volumes, prices and profit margin within the territory.
- Evaluate and design sales strategies across territories for successful deployment.
- Responsible for implementing the sales plan with a detailed forecast and monitor the sales efforts and performance against budget to take corrective actions.
- Under leadership direction, negotiate contracts and prices within the limits of the sales plan and sales policy.
- Coordinate all necessary internal resources to obtain objectives, including training of agents, sales presentations and events.
- Prepare and implement annual account plan in line with the sales strategies. Prepare sales action plans to manage customer opportunities as well as to priortize growth opportunities.
- Guides negotiations of the sales managers and representatives with customers, specifiers, and contractors when needed.
- Systematically analyze and report on sales results, expectations, market, competition and trends.
- Oversee the existing agent and customer base while identifying and developing new agents.
- Assist with the development and continuous improvement of the overall sales business plan.
- Monitor, track and enforce company strategies
- Continually follow up on project quotes and track projects closely until closed
- Represent the company at various sales events or training sessions to promote the company as required
- Promote positive relations with Viscor employees, partners, vendors and distributors
- Communicate and work in partnership with other department heads and senior management to solve problems, develop and maintain objectives and to ensure company wide consistency.
- Travel required (50%)
- All other duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business discipline; MBA an asset
- Minimum 5 years in a Sales Management role.
- Minimum of 10 years sales experience within the lighting industry
- Extensive knowledge of the lighting business and in-depth knowledge of products and applications to include LED, ballasts, lighting fixtures and lighting sensors and controls.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Proven track record in customer relationship building with distributors, customers and industry associations
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and make presentations
- Ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and respect.
- Ability to be strategic and organized in achieving goals and targets
- Computer proficiency and strong practical knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & Power Point)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality or proprietary and sensitive business information.
- Valid drivers licence
Interested candidates may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Viscor will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities during its recruitment process. If a selected applicant requests an accommodation, Viscor will consult with the applicant and provide or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that considers the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.