Project Manager (S&C Electric Canada Ltd)
POSITION: Project Manager
STATUS: Contract (9 months)
POSTING #: HR19-20M
Who We Are
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. We are a Chicago-based company that designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. Whether it be through industry shaping or traditional solutions, S&C is dedicated to keeping the lights on for billions of people worldwide.
Come join our team of over 350 members who develop, design, manufacture and support a wide range of solutions and products designed to help keep the lights on!
What You Will Do
- Manage various exciting S&C projects and drive continuous improvement
- Facilitate multi-department project-related processes and meetings following the Project Management process procedures
- Develop work plans, schedules, budgets and forecasts
- Approve project plans, finance, scope and schedule
- Negotiate contracts with customers; bid manager for large RFPs
- Work within departmental authorities to deliver results to respond to RFPs
- Write and enforce project-based safety procedures
- Provide primary interface to external and internal Customers, both domestic and globally
- Drive continuous improvement through Lean Performance System (LPS) and four-step problem solving methodologies in project management activities
- Responsible for quality auditing and to write and follow quality procedures
- Visit field sites to observe activity
What We Are Looking For
- Strong understanding of the Electrical Distribution market
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Enginering or in a similar field
- 5-10 years’ experience with engineering and construction projects (utility industry is a strong asset)
- PMP designation, strong project management skills
- P. Eng designation, an asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please send a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.