Branch Manager - Ottawa
Branch Manager, Ottawa ON
Robertson Electric Wholesale is a highly regarded electrical distributor in Canada. Robertson has demonstrated steady and secure growth since new ownership in 2008, proving to be a dominant player in the industries we serve. A large part of Robertson's success as a National Electrical Distributor, is due to our mandate of delivering exceptional service to all: customers, vendors and employees.
With 14 branches across Canada and secure business plans for further growth and expansion, Robertson is seeking candidates to join our dynamic Company and be part of our continued success.
Scope of the Position
The Branch Manager will be responsible for building a team from the ground up and will be ultimately responsible over the success of the branch. The Branch manager will be responsible for directing, maintaining, and controlling the branch location, monitoring policies and procedures and making recommendations through consultation with the Operations Manager and department heads. They are also responsible for monitoring daily performance objectives and making decisions to ensure branch’s objectives are met and participating in establishing and maintaining the goals and objectives set for the branch, developing quality team members as well as a solid customer base.
- Provide guidance, direction and monitor internal staff, ensuring departments are working effectively towards common goals.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained for their roles and the training is updated as required.
- Grow sales through developing, coaching and motivating sales and support teams.
- Maintain inventory levels at optimum.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Build and maintain strong vendor relations.
- Responsible for strategic and future management planning.
- Participate in and/or recommend product training.
- Maintain and grow business.
- Outside sales – developing key relationships with customers including frequent on site visits.
- Build and manage an effective team of dedicated Inside Sales staff.
- Determine sales projections for fiscal year and tracking progress.
- Evaluate and analyze changing situations to determine action and solution to problems.
- Resolve day to day personnel issues where management decisions are required.
- Represent the Company to the local and industry community.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5-7 years of management experience, preferable in a Sales/Distribution environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Experience working in the electrical industry
- Must be able to think independently and resourcefully to direct a major operation, activity, or project.
- Must understand priorities and make decisions based on the short term and long term needs of the company.
- Proven experience as a strong supervisor (could be up to 15 employees)
- Have access to and must keep confidential any information relating to individuals within the organization and information shared at the Management/Executive level.
A few reasons why it’s great to work for us
- Robertson Electric Wholesale is an established and fast growing company
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- RRSP matching plan
- Opportunities for growth and development
Please send your resume outline your experience and salary expectations to:
Robertson Electric is an equal opportunity employer. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Robertson's hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.