Assistant Manager - Product Engineering
POSITION: Assistant Manager – Product Engineering
LOCATION: 90 Belfield Rd, Toronto, ON
Who We Are
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. We are a Chicago-based company that designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. The Canadian division, S&C Electric Canada Ltd, is Headquartered in Toronto at a 225,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility, with additional sales offices in Calgary and Montreal. Whether it be through industry shaping or traditional solutions, S&C is dedicated to keeping the lights on for billions of people worldwide.
Come join our team of over 400 members who develop, design, manufacture and support a wide range of solutions and products designed to help keep the lights on! Please see https://youtu.be/wNbLwEfVg6E for testimonials of current team members on their experience of working at S&C.
We are currently hiring an Assistant Manager – Product Engineering. Reporting to the Director-Air Switchgear, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers and Designers by supporting key product lines and providing guidance to team members.
What You Will Do
You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead a team of Engineers and Designers that support key product lines including Omni-Rupter, Alduti-Rupter, 6801M, etc.
- Define staffing requirements and respective job descriptions
- Assign work based on priorities and ensure quality, timely completion of tasks
- Responsible for departmental expense budgets
- Provide guidance and leadership to the design processes within their scope
- Provide direction and support to the team with respect to new special designs, product extensions, product maintenance, production support, cost reductions, sales support (RMA’s), staff training, development, scheduling, project management and problem-solving
- Perform annual performance reviews, as well as continual feedback on performance and support on development plans
What We Are Looking For
S&C is seeking a team player who has excellent organization, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. In addition, the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- PEng Designation
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role
- Extensive knowledge of Air Switchgear products, their functions and applications
- Mechanical and Electrical aptitude
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please send a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.