Surrey, British Columbia
Posted On: August 27, 2019
Last Day to Apply: September 30, 2019
About the team:
E.B. Horsman & Son (EBH) has been in business since 1900. We are strong, nimble and growing! EBH is proud to be a successful Western Canadian electrical distributor with 20+ locations throughout BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan, and we are consistently recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed companies. We take pride in attracting and retaining excellent people with our strong culture, engaging work, growth opportunities and competitive rewards package. Are you ready to join the EBH Team?
We are looking for our next Branch Manager for our Terrace location!
About the role:
As the Branch Manager, you will be an entrepreneurial person who exhibits strong leadership and communication skills. Core values of Collaboration, Teamwork and Initiative are vital to the success of this role. You will lead, mentor, and oversee all branch activities including branch staffing and delegating duties as necessary to accomplish organizational strategic goals. You will work closely with other corporate, district and technical managers to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all branch operations.
What you're great at:
- You are leading operational excellence. Oversee branch operations and activities and involved in strategic branch/region planning, managing people, selling, leveraging technology and is often creating or improving processes to achieve business objectives.
- You are a natural born leader. You will be the driving force in mentoring and empowering your team. This will include working with the branch teams in hiring, performance management, goal setting and succession planning.
- You are a great collaborator. Work closely with Corporate Managers, Sales Directors, Branch leadership, branch staff and HR to develop strategies to maintain or increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. Assist with sales calls or other business-building presentations as necessary. Makes timely decisions or recommendations to resolve escalated customer issues.
- You are a strategic planner. Analyze daily, weekly and monthly reports to ensure action or appropriate branch Key Performance Indicators such as gross profit & sales margins. Prepare or oversee branch reports such as yearly budgeting or other operational reports as required.
- You are proudly representing our culture. EB Horsman & Son has a longstanding history of “Helping Communities Thrive” and you will play an integral role in this giving back culture. You will be a cultural ambassador to driving our corporate strategic initiatives forward
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- 10+ years of experience in the electrical industry and/or similar industry
- 5+ years of progressive management experience
- Proven ability to form strategic partnerships, build relationships and respect cultural diversity
- Ability to be inclusive, collaborative and respectful
- You must have worked in a previous Outside Sales role
- Valid driver’s license and drive your own vehicle, as travel will be required
How to Apply: If you believe your skill set matches the Branch Manager posting and are an enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic individual we would like to hear from you! EBH provides a challenging work environment with growth opportunities. Please visit our http://ebhorsman.com/careers or click on "Apply" to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.