IoT Hardware Developer
Join our growing team in developing the next evolution in smart home and home automation. Our small multi-disciplinary team is looking to expand. We're currently looking for a motivated and capable hardware IOT developer to supplement our existing product development team.
As a hardware IOT developer, you will be responsible for helping us develop the systems needed for our customers to control their Smart Homes. As the behind the scenes engine that drives the Swidget ecosystem, we’re looking for a robust, responsive, and reliable system that enables our devices and apps to feel like an extension of our user’s homes.
This position requires an individual that has experience developing hardware and firmware for IoT, designing and integrating new technologies, and supporting these products as they undergo testing and certification. The candidate should be willing and capable of providing input and direction throughout the process. Furthermore, the individual must be capable of working equally well in a team as they do independently. In particular, you may be working closely with QA, Product Management, Manufacturing, Software teams, and third-party companies on customization and certification.
The IoT hardware development team represents a unique and key group with a goal to integrate a wide array of technologies into our products - making each project a unique challenge. You may be asked to work on everything from new communication modules, to emerging sensor technology, with an aim to building our team’s vision for our Smart Home/Office ecosystem.
At Swidget, every member on our team is critical in our mission to change the smart home world, one device at a time. If you are passionate about finding solutions and are interested in smart home technology, this role might be the right fit for you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Expanding our offering of IoT devices, enabling additional functions and control of our line of Smart Home/Office products.
- Working with the app and backend development teams to ensure seamless integration with our mobile apps, and cloud interface.
- Providing input on new product design, and continuously improving our customer experience.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with schematic/multi-layer PCB design (eg. Eagle, Orcad)
- Experience with IOT Interface/Firmware Design:
- Digital and analog interface processing
- Digital sensor interfaces (eg. SPI, I2C)
- TI CC33xx, ESP32 or equivalent MCU/Wifi module
- OTA deployment
- Experience with design prototype and testing.
- Experience with Cloud/IOT hardware connectivity
- Experience using Git to handle version control
- Extra: Interface/design of video camera. Homekit experience
What’s In It For You:
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic close-knit team who are building something big
- Autonomous, flexible work environment where you can learn and grow with the company
- Competitive compensation, vacation/sick days, and health benefits plan
- Ability to help others solve problems in a positive way
- The chance to have a meaningful impact on people’s energy usage and carbon footprint.