Join our growing team in developing the next evolution in smart home and home automation. Our small multi-disciplinary team is looking to expand. We're currently looking for a motivated and capable backend application developer to supplement our existing product development team.
As a backend developer, you will be responsible for helping us develop the backend systems needed for our customers to control their Smart Homes. As the behind the scenes engine that drives the Swidget ecosystem, we’re looking for a robust, responsive, and reliable system that enables our devices and apps to feel like an extension of our user’s homes.
This position requires an individual that has experience developing server side applications, creating and managing databases, and establishing APIs. The candidate should be willing and capable of providing input and direction throughout the process. Furthermore, the individual must be capable of working equally well in a team as they do independently. In particular, you may be working closely with QA, Product Management, Manufacturing, Hardware teams and third-party companies on customization.
The software team is in a unique position as we aim to incorporate a wide array of technologies into our products - making each project a unique challenge. You may be asked to work on everything from network protocols, to control algorithms to building our design team’s vision for our Smart Home/Office ecosystem.
At Swidget, every member on our team is critical in our mission to change the smart home world, one device at a time. If you are passionate about finding solutions and are interested in smart home technology, this role might be the right fit for you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Developing our cloud infrastructure from the ground up, for controlling and monitoring our line of IoT devices.
- Working with the app development team to ensure seamless integration with our mobile apps, and future planned web-based interfaces.
- Providing input on new product design, and continuously improving our customer experience.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, such as AWS IoT and Lambda.
- Experience Maintaining SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience creating RESTful API's.
- Experience with backend server development using a scripting language such as python, nodejs, etc.
- Strong focus on writing clean and readable code.
- Understanding of standard design practices.
- Understanding of common security/authentication systems including JWT, OAuth2, TLS.
- Experience with DevOps, such as managing the deployment of lambda functions and API Gateway.
- Experience using Git to handle version control.
- Experience with CI/CD and automated testing.
- Extra: Understanding of specific features provided by AWS such as managing Policies, AWS IoT Shadows, Rules Engine.
What’s In It For You:
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic close-knit team who are building something big.
- Autonomous, flexible work environment where you can learn and grow with the company.
- Competitive compensation, vacation/sick days, and health benefits plan.
- Ability to help others solve problems in a positive way.
- The chance to have a meaningful impact on people’s energy usage and carbon footprint.