Service Group Leader, Factory Automation (Burlington, ON)
Posted On: January 07, 2020
Who We Are.
Bosch Rexroth is one of the world's leading providers of drive and control technologies. Regardless of the motion task that customers face anywhere in the world, they will always find a Bosch Rexroth team with local experience and the appropriate know-how from more than 30 industries. As the Drive and Control company, we develop, produce, and distribute our components and system solutions in over 80 countries from Mobile Applications, Machinery Applications and Engineering to Factory Automation.
You will find our drive and control technology in a wide variety of applications: From excavators and tractors to CNC woodworking and metal-cutting machines. You'll find us in automotive factories, packaging systems for the food industry, medical devices and laboratories.
We are looking for associates who will take on our customers' challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found. Our associates are dedicated to making the world a better place through innovation and technology, are customer-obsessed and thrive in a face-past, collaborative and exciting environment. Come see for yourself, apply today!
The Group Leader, Factory Automation - Service Department, will offer leadership and overall direction to the Repair, Field Service and Service Administration Teams.
PRIMARY KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & SERVICES:
- Oversee the operations of a Field Service, Repair and Administration Teams consisting of 9 associates..
- Review Repair & Field Service reports prior to customer invoicing.
- Review and approve weekly department submitted timesheets.
- Provide phone support to customers and sales when spare part inquiries are received, by providing part numbers, list prices, and alternatives part numbers for obsoleted parts.
- Provide technical phone support to customers when all field service technicians are on calls.
- Maintain a productive work environment that is conducive to teamwork and associate satisfaction.
- Assist and coach technicians on difficult repairs and complex product fault troubleshooting.
- Work with the Material Planning Dept. to optimize repair parts inventory.
- Ensure Bosch Rexroth Canada maintains its status as a fully certified service organization within the Bosch Rexroth Global Service team, by ensure team members are following corporate processes/ repair work instructions.
- Monitoring the function and safety of the workplace and equipment. Create a safe and environmentally friendly workplace by ensuring proper training of operations and equipment to employees and contractors
- Continuously evaluate results of operational activities to ensure CIP and KPI targets are met and CIP initiatives are implemented
- Review global issued Factory Service Bulletins and take appropriate actions as noted in the bulletins, as well as notifying all relevant parties (internal / external).
- Maintain working relationships with Bosch Rexroth Service Centers and factories globally
- Post-Secondary education in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering Technology program.
- Is a member and is in good standing with OACETT
- Preference will be for someone who can show evidence that they have lead a highly skilled technician/ technologist repair team with 5-10 years of experience in electronic industrial repair (electric drives (variable frequency drives, AC servo drives), and industrial controls (PLC, Motion, CNC).
- Must have a high competency level in industrial electronics, electric drives (variable frequency drives, AC servo drives), and industrial controls (PLC, Motion, CNC) repairs.
- Has previous supervisory and leadership experience is required, and has sound decision making abilities
- Understanding of Electronic Circuit Theory and able to Repair to a component level.
- Servo System Hardware Fundamentals and Troubleshooting capability
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong client relations
- Mechanical aptitude
- Computer literacy with Windows applications, MS Office, and SAP ERP Knowledge
This position is based out of our Burlington, Ontario office.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Bosch Rexroth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Videos to Watch