Customer Service Manager
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posted On: January 09, 2020
Founded in 1979, Liteline Corporation is Canada’s leading and largest privately held lighting manufacturer. We specialize in LED lighting for North American residential and commercial markets. More specifically, we manufacture complete lines for architectural lighting, hospitality and retail verticals, office and commercial space, high rise residentials and more. Located in the vicinity of the high-tech hub in the Greater Toronto Area, Liteline operates a 160,000 sq. ft. office, manufacturing and warehouse distribution facility. With over 130 employees, Liteline is poised for strategic growth for years to come!
With 40 years of dedicated customer service behind us we are seeking a dynamic, client-focused leader who will motivate and develop the customer service team towards achieving an exceptional level of customer experience. If you enjoy a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment where you have the opportunity to make a mark with an organization experiencing high growth, please read on!
A little bit about you…
Our ideal candidate is a unique blend of someone who believes that customer experience is everything and possesses a general understanding of electrical components or lighting. As the Customer Service Manager, you will quickly learn about our industry and business and not only share the organization’s passion to help our customers develop their businesses but also recommend and execute on compelling ways to get there. You are currently in a relevant leadership role and a model to your team for achieving efficiencies and deepening product and process knowledge that translates into your team’s ability to uphold Liteline’s reputation of offering excellent customer support during all sales and after-sales procedures.
Reporting directly to the Principal of Operations and collaborating closely with our Sales, Marketing and Operations teams, the Customer Service Manager, will be responsible for:
- Ensuring customer service representatives acquire and continue to evolve extensive product knowledge of the full range of our products
- Implementing best practices, process improvements and efficiencies on customer service activities
- Scheduling resources in an appropriate manner to respond to high volumes of customer inquiries
- Monitoring call, chat and order stats/ volumes, ensuring balanced workloads are maintained and any efficiencies and/or new strategies are brought forward
- Managing technical support function within Customer Service
- Maintaining customer specific contract pricing
- Administration of employee attendance and scheduling, ensuring appropriate coverage in the department
- Coaching and leading front-line customer service representatives, managing performance and helping them develop in areas for improvement.
- Collaborating effectively with other departments such as Sales, Marketing and Operations to meet objectives.
- Other relevant duties to manage and support the Customer Service team
- 5+ years of customer care management experience; currently in a managerial role leading a team
- General understanding of electrical components or lighting products is an absolute must
- Electrical and lighting experience is a definite asset
- Curious about technology
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or consumer packaged goods sales principles, methods practices and techniques.
- Extremely process and policy driven with the aptitude to examine and re-engineer processes, policies and develop and implement new strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional departments and customers.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Strong skills in Office Suite (Word, Excel) and experience with inventory management systems
- Capacity to stay calm under pressure to achieve optimal results
- Shows resilience in a fast paced ever changing environment
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills demonstrated through a variety of mediums including, in-person, over the phone, e-mail and on-line chats
- Passionate learner and interested in learning more about lighting technology and applications
For the right candidate, we will offer:
- Competitive pay commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Wellness events onsite at our office (e.g. Mini-massage Fridays)
- Employer funded after-work team social events
- Partial company match on employee contributions towards company group RRSP
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative, growing organization that supports learning and development
We thank all candidates for applying, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the unique skills and experiences of each of our candidates; recognizing that each prospective team member of Liteline may help turn our efforts into building a diverse and inclusive place to work, a reality.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. Should you require accommodation(s) to participate at any point in the recruitment and selection process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position title in the subject line and a member of our Human Resources team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.