Electro-Federation Canada (EFC) is a not-for-profit industry association that represents Canada’s most innovative electrical manufacturers, distributors and sales agencies. These companies provide leading-edge products and services that help power a changing world—everything from the electrical grid, automation and robotics, to intelligent buildings, smart homes and the electrification of transportation, heating, tools, appliances and more.
Explore how we are powering this changing world: view video.
The Electrical industry is at the forefront of driving innovation and has established a solid footprint in Canada:
Economic Growth: EFC member companies jointly contribute over $10 billion to the Canadian economy and employ over 43,000 workers in more than 1,300 facilities across the country.
Environmental Impact: Our industry’s electrical products are essential in homes, office buildings, factories and other infrastructure. Our energy-efficient and sustainable solutions, such as LED lighting, sensors, controls, transformers and electric heaters, allow Canadians to be more environmentally conscious and reduce their energy footprint at home, work and play.
Social Responsibility: Our members have contributed over $500k to Habitat for Humanity to
help families build stability and independence through affordable homeownership. Our industry has also invested $1.5 million in scholarship funding since 2005, providing Canadian post-secondary students with a jump-start on their academic learning.
Become part of Canada’s electrical industry!
Follow us on our journey and discover how you can help support this community of innovators.
Position: Events Coordinator
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to; Director, National Events
Electro-Federation Canada is searching for an Events Coordinator. This position primarily encompasses 50% events coordination, 20% marketing/promotions and 30% event and program administration. The Coordinator will assist the Director, National Events in supporting a multitude of programs and events throughout the year, including golf tournaments, national conference, seminars, gala, networking events and education seminars and forums. The Coordinator is also responsible for leading EFC’s Young Professionals Network in Ontario by collaborating with regional members to plan and organize professional development programs and networking events.
Administration & Event Planning
- Lead the development of all online event registration forms using Cvent, track event attendance, send out confirmation emails and event reminder communication, provide rosters.
- Plan, coordinate logistical details for events.
- On-site support for all events, coordinate registrations
- Maintain inventory, signage, name badge, ribbons and select promotional materials.
- Attend and participate in committee meetings and prepare meeting notices, agendas and minutes, as required.
- Manage golf foursome arrangements and gala table charts
- Develop marketing/promotion schedules for events and execute tasks
- Design and distribute print and digital material
- Draft event summaries for inclusion on website and newsletter
- Oversee the Ontario Energy Network’s monthly events from inception to onsite facilitation
- Lead the Young Professionals Network (YPN) in Ontario and plan events and meetings
- Assist in the facilitation with EFC’s Women’s Network
- Lead the development of a Mentorship program
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field, such as: Special Events, Marketing or Business administration.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a related event or administration field.
- Excellent communications skills, with solid proof-reading ability.
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong customer/member services skills.
- Dynamic self-starter who takes initiative, works well on own, and is an excellent team player.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated professionalism and a mature demeanor (liaise with high-level members, such as Presidents, senior managers, board members, council executives, staff, and volunteers).
- Working knowledge of Cvent, CRM systems, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- French comprehension is an asset
Full-time position (35 hour work week). This position requires some flexibility in working hours, with an understanding of additional working hours during peak event periods (some early mornings and evenings). Minimal out-of-town travel is required. A valid driver’s license and vehicle is necessary.
Salary range is $43,000 - $45,000 annually, based on qualifications and experience, plus benefits.
EFC is noted as a diverse and inclusive organization, all are welcome to apply.
Why you'll love working with us at EFC:
- Competitive employment package
- Flexible working schedule
- Onsite gym
- Complimentary parking
- Summer hours
- Dynamic team
- Open-concept, state-of-the-art office environment
If you have exceptional administrative and planning skills, and are highly organized, and enjoy working in a collaborative face pace team environment and want to further develop your events skills within a progressive organization, then please apply!
Kindly forward your resume and with cover letter via email to email@example.com, with the subject line “EFC – Event Program Coordinator
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Electro-Federation Canada is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in relation to the materials or processes we use in the recruitment process.