Electrical Inside Sales Rep
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Bartle and Gibson Co. Ltd. have been in business since 1944. With 31 distribution centres we are a leading distributor in plumbing, heating and electrical supplies across western Canada and the North West Territories. We are committed to providing our valued customers excellent service and team members an exciting and positive workplace.
We are currently in search of a career orientated person to join our team at our Langford location. This position handles Electrical Inside/Counter Sales and Quotations to our customers. The position operates in a fast paced, dynamic and rewarding environment. You are a self-motivated team player efficient at using your time and are often referred to as a dependable individual who enjoys physical labour.
You have the electrical experience to back up your past success and are no stranger to working in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail and great communication skills. Your organizational skills shine through in how you manage your workflow and you are in search of a career opportunity with great potential
Reporting directly to the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for Counter Sales, Inside Sales and quotes, quote follow up and after sale service. Your major focus will be on the Lighting business with plumbing knowledge. Your job duties are, but not limited to:
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responding to inquiries and processing incoming calls and orders
- Contacting current customers and identifying new products and potential up-selling
- Entering orders into system
- Purchasing materials for customers and sales negotiations
- Sourcing materials for customers when currently not in stock
- Opening new accounts and closing orders
- Maintaining knowledge base on current products and learning about new products
- Providing product information, pricing quotations and follow-up on quotes
- Offering technical expertise on products to purchasers
- Developing and maintaining positive customer relationships
- Ensuring that customers are satisfied with order taking, product, pricing, deliveries and overall service
- Counter Sales and handling returns as required
- Shipping and receiving customer orders, as well as stocking bins
- Working closely with others to ensure customer needs are met
- Other duties as required
You will prove yourself to be an asset to Bartle & Gibson by possessing the following skills necessary to succeed:
Skills & Competencies:
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to warm up and develop instant rapport with potential customers
- Ability to develop long term relationships and generate referrals from your customers
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable organizational skills with attention to detail
- Time management & multitasking skills to serve several customers at the same time
- Strong networking skills, outgoing personality
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Email)
- Self-motivated; able to function effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Proven ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced work environment
Qualifications & Education:
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Candidates should possess a minimum of two years’ sales experience (counter sales, inside sales or outside sales)
- Post-Secondary courses in Electrical preferred
- Skilled in serving and negotiating with institutional and industrial purchasers, electrical contractors and the public
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the electrical industry or a background in electrical products would be considered an asset, including - lighting, wiring devices, distribution and motor control
- Knowledge of the plumbing industry or a background in plumbing products would be considered an asset
If you want to join a company with a great culture that truly values and rewards you for a job well done, then we encourage you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our compensation and benefits, including profit sharing and career growth potential are competitive and will be based on experience and abilities.
*No phone calls or drop ins. Apply by application submission only, stating applicable experience and salary expectations in your cover letter. All submissions are kept in the highest level of confidentiality. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Bartle & Gibson, however, only those who possess the desired qualifications, experience and local to the Coquitlam area will be contacted for further review.
Final candidates will be required to undergo an assessment and security screening, including a criminal record check. Employment is subject to screening completion that is satisfactory to Bartle & Gibson.