Richmond Hill, Ontario
Founded in 1979, Liteline Corporation is Canada’s leading and largest privately held lighting manufacturer. We specialize in LED lighting for North American residential and commercial markets. More specifically, we manufacture complete lines for architectural lighting, hospitality and retail verticals, office and commercial space, high rise residentials and more. Located in the vicinity of the high-tech hub in the Greater Toronto Area, Liteline operates a 160,000 sq. ft. office, manufacturing and warehouse distribution facility. With over 130 employees, Liteline is poised for strategic growth for years to come!
Reporting to the Senior Product Development Manager, the Product Manager works collaboratively within the Corporate Product Management/ Development team and helps achieve objectives related to over-all product’s strategic goals. This role manages the assigned product line and assists in expanding the business by leading cross-functional teams through the New Product Development Process. This includes defining product requirements, pricing, promotion, product launch, inventory level planning and product obsolescence management.
The major responsibilities of the Product Manager include:
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; establishing time schedules with Engineering, Purchasing and Marketing.
- Manages product development by translating market needs into winning products by conducting market research, defining target markets, understanding customer needs and creating a Market Requirements Document.
- Manages Product Lifecycle Management (launch to obsolescence) by outlining Product Roadmap (jointly with Sales & Engineering), defining margin goals/management, performing product line analysis to ensure key metrics are achieved, collating competitor analysis, managing product enhancements to existing offerings as needed, aligning sales forecast with inventory requirements, coordinating product launch and obsolescence activities.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; competitive benchmarking, and reviewing production and sales costs
- Co-ordinates product launch activities with Sales and Marketing by creating product collateral (with assistance from Marketing), clearly outlining features and benefits of products as well as Liteline capabilities, managing set-up of product information within on-line tools (internet and quoting systems), ensuring market success through measured market tactics, supporting Sales and Channel through pre-and post-launch activities.
In our ideal candidate, we are looking for:
- A BSc or BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years industry experience (lighting or similar industry) working in marketing and sales.
- 3+ years progressive product management accountability in the lighting or similar industry: positioning, pricing, distribution and promotion plan to positively impact market share.
- The ability to work effectively across functions with strong communication and project management capabilities.
- The ability to establish rapport with internal/external customers.
- Creative thinking/analytical problem-solving skills.
- The ability to conduct technical presentations.
- Basic programming or scripting knowledge.
- System knowledge (ERP, CRM) and Microsoft Office fluency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- The ability to speak or write French would be an asset
For the right candidate, we will offer:
- Competitive pay commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Wellness events onsite at our office (e.g. Mini-massage Fridays)
- Employer funded after-work team social events
- Partial company match on employee contributions towards company group RRSP
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative, growing organization that supports learning and development
We thank all candidates for applying, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the unique skills and experiences of each of our candidates; recognizing that each prospective team member of Liteline may help turn our efforts into building a diverse and inclusive place to work, a reality.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. Should you require accommodation(s) to participate at any point in the recruitment and selection process please contact email@example.com referencing the position title in the subject line and a member of our Human Resources team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.