Embedded Software Engineer
Swidget Corp. is looking for candidates to join our growing team in developing the next evolution in Smart Home and Home Automation. We are currently looking for a motivated and capable embedded software engineer to supplement our existing product development team.
You will be responsible for developing the necessary software to allow our smart home products to interface with Zigbee and/or Z-Wave networks. This position involves working closely with the hardware development team and requires an individual that has a good understanding of the development cycle for products as they move from prototyping through to product certification with the Zigbee and/or Z-Wave Alliances.
The individual must be capable of working equally well in a team as they do independently. You will be working closely with product management, manufacturing, and hardware teams, as well as our implementation partners on application specific solutions. The candidate should be willing and capable of providing input and direction throughout the process.
The software team is in a unique position as we aim to incorporate a wide array of technologies into our products - making each project a new challenge. At Swidget, every member on our team is critical in exceeding our customer’s expectations. If you are passionate about finding solutions and are interested in smart home technology, this role might be the right fit for you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assisting in the design of the next generation of Swidget devices to support Zigbee, Z-Wave and other Smart Home protocols.
- Developing the Zigbee specific firmware to bring the design to life on the protocol-specific hardware.
- Testing the design implementation using protocol specific hardware and software tools to ensure compliance with published protocol requirements.
- Guiding the tested solution through the certification process to manufacturing.
- Assisting manufacturing with all programming activities required to meet certification requirements.
- Working with our multi-disciplinary team to ensure seamless integration with other Zigbee AND Z-Wave products.
- Providing input on new product design, and continuously improving our customer experience.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience developing embedded software for Zigbee and Z-Wave products using Silicon Labs tools (Simplicity Studio) and chipsets (Gecko processors).
- Experience developing embedded RTOS applications (FreeRTOS, Micrium and/or others).
- Capable of writing clean, modular, readable code with a focus on reusability.
- Understanding of common security/authentication systems including JWT, OAuth2, TLS.
- Experience using Jira, Bitbucket (Git) or similar tools.
What’s In It For You:
- The opportunity to work with a fantastic close-knit team who are building something big.
- Autonomous, flexible work environment where you can learn and grow with the company.
- Competitive compensation, vacation/sick days, and health benefits plan.
- Ability to help others solve problems in a positive way
- The chance to have a meaningful impact on people’s energy usage and carbon footprint.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.